Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 12:53 AM   #1
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Download tags to a custom column

I'm using 'Tags' column for general tags (e.g. todo, fixing, ocr,...) and '#genre' column for specific tags (e.g. fiction, technology, reference,...). For every new book, I have to copy downloaded tags, delete and paste them to '#genre' column. Is there some way to download tags directly to '#genre' column?
I've considered creating a new column for general tags but then calibre can only add tags automatically to 'Tags' column.
I also noticed that only 'Tags' column has Tag Editor. If it's simple to implement, Tag Editor for custom 'like tags' columns would be nice.
atjnjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:28 AM   #2
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by atjnjk View Post
I also noticed that only 'Tags' column has Tag Editor. If it's simple to implement, Tag Editor for custom 'like tags' columns would be nice.
Right-click on the category or an item in the category, then select "Manage (category name)".
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #3
atjnjk
Zealot
atjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enoughatjnjk will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Right-click on the category or an item in the category, then select "Manage (category name)".
I meant the Tag Editor in the screenshot:

Last edited by atjnjk; 01-12-2012 at 09:00 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:48 AM   #4
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I meant the Tag Editor in the screenshot:
The screenshot isn't there, but I guess that you are talking about the button next to the tags box on the edit metadata (single) window (see the attachment). If so, then you are correct, I haven't added that function (button) to the custom column edit metadata widgets. If I get a moment and some energy, I will look into it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg
Views:	298
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	81132  
Old 01-12-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
atjnjk
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
If I get a moment and some energy, I will look into it.
Thank you very much.
Advert
Old 01-13-2012, 03:43 AM   #6
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Thank you very much.
Oh dear. According to this post I shouldn't add this feature until 2 million people ask for/will use it. We have one vote. 1,999,999 to go.
Old 01-13-2012, 06:41 AM   #7
atjnjk
Zealot

Ha ha ha... (laughing so much my stomach hurts). I wonder if I should make a "one hundred feature wish list" and raise a campaign to get the required votes (according to calibre stats, the number should be 6,553,516 / 3 - 1 ≈ 2,184,505). That would be killing 100 birds with one stone.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:54 AM   #8
chaley
Grand Sorcerer

I voted for it, so we have 2. That is 6 orders of magnitude less from the goal, and as 6 is a small number I figured I could make the changes.

They are available now if you run from source, and will be generally available in the next release.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
transmitthis
Addict
transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.transmitthis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Nexus 7 16GB
I and my 40 minions would like to also vote for this, so that's another 41votes.

Oh, atjnjk,
there is a er recipe or plugin or something - vague I know -
that remaps the tags to corresponding Genres - I was going to later on.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was, but I think the workflow would go like this
Have your own Genre custom column (as all the cool kids do)
Bulk download some tags from goodreads
have this plugin translate them to your genre's ie tag = "Scify" your genre column gets populated with "Science Fiction"

Of course I may have just dreamed that

Last edited by transmitthis; 01-18-2012 at 08:19 AM.
transmitthis is offline   Reply With Quote