Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-25-2011, 09:19 PM   #1
Crimsoncat
Crimsoncat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Transfering Reading Life stats from the Touch to the Vox?

Hello all! Long time lurker, first time poster.

I was lucky enough to get a Vox this morning for Christmas, an upgrade from my much loved Kobo Touch. I logged an impressive number of reading hours on my Touch, and it doesn't seem like the statistics from the Touch are transfering over onto my Vox. My badges did, which I am thrilled about. But I'm a little sad at the thought of losing my log of hours. I know it's unlikely that I can transfer them, and it's a silly thing to be worried about. But it never hurts to ask, and if there's a way to transfer the data over I thought someone here might know about it!

Thanks for your time and happy Holidays!
Crimsoncat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:58 PM   #2
TonyToews
Evangelist
TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TonyToews ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Vox and Glo
All my stats, and indeed my bookmarks in open Kobo Epub books, were happily transferred over. Note that I did run the Kobo Desktop software against the Touch first which then sent my Reading Life stats to the Kobo servers.
TonyToews is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-25-2011, 11:02 PM   #3
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
They normally transfer automatically. Weird that they haven't, try hitting the manual sync button?
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2011, 12:44 AM   #4
Crimsoncat
Crimsoncat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
The majority of my books were bought from sources other than the kobo store, might that be making the difference? I've tried to find the option to manually sync the Vox but wasn't able to track it down. Any chance you remember where it's hiding?
Thanks for the responses! I'm happy to know it's not just a pipe dream.
Crimsoncat is offline   Reply With Quote