Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 PM   #61
Noah98
Eccentric
Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Noah98 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The nook, ipad 3, Kindle Fire HD (8.9), Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Perhaps this was not a fanboy comment, but rather a reference to the fact that this is a thread with the title Black Friday Sales - Android Devices.
That would make sense if the first post of this thread didn't list the Blackberry Playbook!
Noah98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 01:22 PM   #62
Atilla
Addict
Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atilla ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 3 3G, Kobo Touch, Playbook, Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noah98 View Post
That would make sense if the first post of this thread didn't list the Blackberry Playbook!
game, set, match Noah98
Atilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-28-2011, 01:58 PM   #63
jlg432
Addict
jlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead communityjlg432 has become a pillar of the MobileRead community

Device: jetBook, ALP, Pandigital 7"Color(Black+ White), Kyros MID7015a
For us Canadians Staples was taking orders for the Playbook - you had to pay and they would notify you when it was in. No guarantee of when it would be in because of the high demand but at least it reserves you one. I bought mine on Thursday and it was in on Friday.

Another thing I saw in the Walmart flyer was the Pandigital 7" Colour (White body) media player. It comes with Android 2.0 and will do Youtube, Facebook, Internet browsing as well as various e-reader apps such as Kobo, Kindle, Aldiko, Fbreader, Repligo, cool reader etc. The unit comes with 1 gig built in Micro SDcard - but if you pop open the back (which you can very easily - as per slatedroid) you can swap out to a larger sdhc card. This will increase system/user memory within the unit. You still have an external SDHC drive for further increase in user space.

I mention this unit because this unit was usually reserved for the US. The Black 7" Pandigital Novel Colour reader only came with Android 1.5 which is a very limiting level.

I mention this as a starter Android tablet for it is going for $78 at Walmart. Mine came with their latest Pandigital Firmware which gives you an open Android system. If you are adventurous you can get more hacks at Slatedroid for it.

I find that the original firmware is good enough for my needs.

JLG432

PS RIM is planning a big free FW update (2.0) for the Playbook for Feb 2012 that will add all the missing functions that you got by bridging with a Blackberry Smartphone. Those without a BB SPhone lost out on those functions. They are also planning on being able to port Android apps over to the App Market - check out Youtube for more info.

Last edited by jlg432; 11-28-2011 at 02:06 PM. Reason: Corrected spelling and added the PS
jlg432 is offline   Reply With Quote