Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-09-2010, 06:53 AM   #1
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Red face Customized eDGe skins and other accessories

Hey all, I'm a new owner of the Entourage eDGe and am slowly taking the time to learn how to use it, BUT I thought I'd share this site with everyone because it honestly deserves mentioning if you would like a personal touch to your dual-book device.

http://www.decalgirl.com has an ENORMOUS selection (over 52 just for the eDGe) of customized skins that are vinyl adhesive and protect the eDGe from scratches and those ubiquitous fingerprints (my eDGe is in piano black color and fingerprints making me very sad right now...). You can choose to have just the outside skin to protect the back of the eDGe, only the inside, or the inside and outside as a set. PLUS, when you buy whichever piece that you like, you get a code to have the design as your wallpaper too! AND they can swap designs from other devices (some designs are only for cellphones or media players) to fit your tastes and it's free of charge.

Some of the designs are AMAZING and I simply cannot believe a company would have so much to offer for so many devices (they skin pretty much any electronic device you can think of besides E-readers). I'm having a hard time deciding between the ones called "Black Hole", "Bullets", "Radiosity", "Eliriam" and "Magellan" and I'm hard pressed to just buy them all! Certainly, these will attract much attention to the eDGe (and hopefully help sales too) as well as some light envy in college classrooms, dorm rooms, coffee shops, or libraries. The prices are reasonable (sets cost about $45 vs. just buying outside or inside pieces which are $25 each) and you have a choice of high gloss finish or matte and low-gloss as well.

I'm really thinking about matching my new cellphone (Samsung Captivate) with my eDGe, but I don't want to come off as "elitist" or "special"...though it's just something to think about it.

Also http://www.kradle.com has a neat little reading stand that is currently for the Amazon Kindle and the Apple Ipad, BUT I suspect the Entourage eDGe would work on it as well. Kradle is planning to release it's newest E-reader stand during the holidays, but their contact link says that they can cater to new developers. Hopefully, Entourage can send them an E-mail and add the eDGe to the available selections. Plus, they have lots of pictures to help you decide on what your eDGe could look like in upright or landscape mode.

Lastly, the LapWorks E-reader recliner http://www.laptopdesk.net/ipad-ereader-recliner1.html is VERY nice for the price that it's listed for. It's new and the creator stands behind it 100%, and there's a video available to see exactly what it does (although they obviously LOVE the Ipad) and a review on youtube.com as well. My only gripe is the removable knob and screw--I just looks too cumbersome for me (think about setting it up in a classroom to take notes on the eDGe while everyone stares at you when you pull it out or have to carry it around unless you have it preset to how you want it before class)

Anyhow, thanks for reading and I hope I hope I've sparked a few brave and creative minds about making their Entourage eDGe's stand out and be more personalized!

Last edited by ShiningT1g3R; 09-09-2010 at 06:56 AM.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:59 AM   #2
borisb
Edge User

It's cool that another company has picked up the eDGe for skinning. Previously it was just Gelaskins. Not sure if enTourage "encouraged" them, or if someone at Decalgirl took the initiative

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 09:02 AM   #3
kemar
Edge User

Very cool website. Thanks for the recommendation, I will be purchasing Violet Tranquility. Welcome and hope you enjoy your eDGe.

Old 09-09-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

Thank you for the welcome, kemar.

I've decided to get the "Milky Way" skin set and also one to go with my phone, so I'm sure I'll be hearing "Ooh!'s and "Aaah's" in my classes pretty soon!

Old 09-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #5
NiaTrue
Edge User

Nice. Thanks for the link. FYI, Decalgirl will also create custom skins. I've put in an inquiry about one.

Advert
Old 09-09-2010, 07:25 PM   #6
mphoseeko
Edge User

Thanks for the link, and welcome.

Old 09-09-2010, 09:45 PM   #7
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

No need to thank me, but you're most certainly welcome! 8-)

Anyhow, http://www.paddedspaces.com has the "Prop It Up" lap desk which looks like a dream come true for highly-mobile E-reader owners. 10 different vertical settings AND a storage area just for your device (eDGe, of course) and all about the width and length of a ruler!!!

And the http://www.griffintechnology.com has the A-Stand for the Apple Ipad. HOWEVER, if we (customers/consumers) send them enough e-mails asking about supporting the Entourage eDGe, I'm sure they may consider making something for us. Even if you were to use the A-stand, all you would really need to do is flip one side of the eDGe over the stand so you could utilize the other side...but it does seem counterproductive. 8-(

Just a thought.

Old 09-11-2010, 06:25 AM   #8
sarah11918
Edge User

Great to have more skin choices. Thanks for posting. I'm torn: while they (and the Gela Skins) are so beautiful, I did pay the extra $40 for red and to be honest, I think the red hides finger prints very well. I have to say, I'm really happy with the choice of red even for that reason alone. It makes it difficult to justify a skin ... but some of them are just so attractive!

Old 09-11-2010, 06:51 PM   #9
fgruber
Edge User

I wish I could find a skin or cover that would make the EE look like a book. Maybe like a leather bound book or something...

Old 09-11-2010, 07:01 PM   #10
ShiningT1g3R
Edge User

@fgruber

DecalGirl makes custom skins, just so you know. If you have a picture of what you are looking for, they could most likely make it for you (for a fee, of course). And new designs are being added each month and you could always e-mail one of the artists and ask them personally. 8-)