Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 06-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #1
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

PRS-500 cover

I have had my wonderful PRS-500 for years now actually I pre ordered mine so I could get it straight away, its still running great, even the battery is still good and i read every day, but my god it's looking a little ratty.

The cover is pealing apart in strips and for the life of me I cannot find a replacement to the official black cover.

Anyone know where I can get one, or should I just throw in the towel and upgrade to a newer model, I hear they have a better greys-cale now which is easier to read in dim light, the 500 is a bit difficult to read as it gets dark!
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 07:45 PM   #2
BobVA
Addict
BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.BobVA once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo Clara, Sony PRS950, T1, T2, T3
Are you in the US? If so, PM me and I'll see if I still have one in my parts box.

Bob
BobVA is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 08:26 PM   #3
Hoyt Clagwell
Not an Addict
Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hoyt Clagwell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The blue one next to the fish.
Throw in the towel and get one of the new ones. The newer readers have better screens and are much faster. I also bought the 500 when it first came out. So I speak from experience.
Hoyt Clagwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:28 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I just found this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/BookArmor-Case-S...item5634d07d11
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2011, 08:46 PM   #5
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Do 505 and 600 covers fit it? You could try a Sony store outlet if you have one near you. If you don't necessarily need a book style cover, you could probably get a generic sleeve or envelope type cover. Perhaps one of the Kobo covers might fit it?
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2011, 09:18 PM   #6
Bookworm_Girl
E-reader Enthusiast
Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Bookworm_Girl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3; Kobo Aura One; iPad Mini 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latinandgreek View Post
Do 505 and 600 covers fit it? You could try a Sony store outlet if you have one near you. If you don't necessarily need a book style cover, you could probably get a generic sleeve or envelope type cover. Perhaps one of the Kobo covers might fit it?
Unfortunately the Sony 505 / 600 covers won't work. The 500 had a circular attachment in the center of the back that pushed into the cover.
Bookworm_Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 11:06 PM   #7
Akumag2
Enthusiast
Akumag2 began at the beginning.

I saw the hard case and the waterproof ones but I like the classic original book cover case, still not sure on updating my reader, mine is still working, is plenty fast enough, turns a page quicker than my arthritic hands could with a paper book, and in the end why if its still working.
I'd just end up having another electronic device sitting around not being used and not worth much to resell!
Akumag2 is offline   Reply With Quote