Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-21-2010, 05:40 PM   #1
Guido Henkel
Enthusiast
Guido Henkel began at the beginning.

Device: mobi, epub, lit
Export book from library and import on other computer?

Is there a way in Calibre to export a book from my library, complete wit hall the metadata and Calibre build settings for the TOC etc. and then re-import it into Calibre on another computer?
Guido Henkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2010, 05:46 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
You can easily save the book and metadata using the Save to Disk option making sure that you also save the cover and opf files. This can then be added to calibre on the target machine. However I do not believe that takes across the build settings.

Last edited by itimpi; 12-21-2010 at 05:51 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2010, 05:47 PM   #3
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Henkel View Post
Is there a way in Calibre to export a book from my library, complete wit hall the metadata and Calibre build settings for the TOC etc. and then re-import it into Calibre on another computer?
Can you share a drive with the other computer (or use a pen drive)?
Use the Right-click "COPY To Library" to a Library (Not actively used by the other Calibre) on the other system .

If you use the Pen drive (Library), Simply switch to that on the other computer and Copy to the Main Library.

Oh so many ways to do stuff in Calibre

Last edited by theducks; 12-21-2010 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Clarifid which "Copy to"
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 01:52 AM   #4
Guido Henkel
Enthusiast
Guido Henkel began at the beginning.

Device: mobi, epub, lit
Thanks for the suggestions. The import will have to take place on a client's computer, actually, so sharing it won't work as it is in an entirely different location. I'll see if the pen drive approach works - only without the pen drive - because I will have to send the files to the client via email.
Guido Henkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:29 AM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido Henkel View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. The import will have to take place on a client's computer, actually, so sharing it won't work as it is in an entirely different location. I'll see if the pen drive approach works - only without the pen drive - because I will have to send the files to the client via email.
Just kake a "Library" with what you want to send, Zip the folder up (split, if size limited) and mail off.

The client can switch to the 'sneaker-net Library' and copy to the main library.

NB. I did a thousand books via the Pen drive. Slow. (took over an hour)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert