Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Tablets

Notices

Old 12-17-2011, 08:37 PM   #1
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Anyone Tried 'Next Issue'?

I saw an ad in my (paper) Entertainment Weekly magazine about a Zinio type of online magazine subscription app called Next Issue (it has all the Time Warner mags missing on Zinio). I can get a subscription on my Vox free with my paper subscription...and also a free trial. Works with most Android devices...appears to be only one problem. It's my typical problem I have on almost a daily basis when trying to do anything online: I don't have a zipcode...won't let me enter a postal code...that age old problem Canadians have trying to squeeze 6 letters and numbers + a space into a 5 digit numeric field. Grrrr......

I see no mention of the service being available only to those with US billing addresses, but it appears that way seeing as how a free trial required my 'state' and 'BC' wasn't on the list...and it didn't like it when I selected 'WA' as I sometimes do!

Wondering if an American forum member can try it out for me and let me know how it worked on the Vox.

I have a question/ticket sent to their support asking about Canadian addresses, but I think I already know the answer...

Last edited by pokee; 12-17-2011 at 08:41 PM.
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 01:42 AM   #2
jefftheworld
Groupie
jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.jefftheworld can grok the meaning of the universe.

Device: Kobo, Kobo Vox
If you match a State to a zipcode you can usually get this working. I often use New York 10001 (easy to remember).
jefftheworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 09:48 AM   #3
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
I was wondering how you get the free trial of a magazine on the Vox. It stated somewhere that the Vox came with 3 free magazine issues.

Many thanks.
wwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:19 PM   #4
Cdesja5
Wizard
Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cdesja5 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lots and lots of electronic gadgets...
Quote:
Originally Posted by wwat View Post
I was wondering how you get the free trial of a magazine on the Vox. It stated somewhere that the Vox came with 3 free magazine issues.

Many thanks.
Open a membership (free) for Zinio online (on your PC); at the top of the home page, there are 3 choices: home, shop and featured. Click on Shop and on the left side of the screen you should see a dark grey box that has "free" as one of the choices. All their free samples are listed there. They have 3 screens of free choices, some of them in Russian and Chinese... Not as amazing an opportunity as the previous one but they do have some good choices like Backpacker, Vogue and Cosmo Girl. However, not for full yr subscriptions.

Once you have your username and your choices made online, when you login to the app on the Vox, you will be able to see your choice/s and download your issues.
Cdesja5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:39 PM   #5
wwat
Enthusiast
wwat began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo, iPad, iPod
Thank you!
wwat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 05:45 PM   #6
pokee
Fanatic
pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.pokee has too *@%# much karma.

Device: Kobo WiFi, Kobo Glo, Kobo Vox, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Tab2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jefftheworld View Post
If you match a State to a zipcode you can usually get this working. I often use New York 10001 (easy to remember).
Won't work for my free online subscription to ET, since I need to enter the zipcode as it appears on the shipping label for my paper subscription (and mine is a postal code!).

Can't get the free trial of People or In Style because I do not have a credit card with a US billing address (credit card is required for free trial for automatic billing if you don't cancel).

A customer service staff member from Next Page contacted me and confirmed that the service is only available for US billing addresses at the moment - no word when Canadians will be given the privilege...

Still curious to hear if any Americans have tried it...let me know...
pokee is offline   Reply With Quote