Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2024, 04:44 PM   #1
birdbear
birdbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
Is there a way to populate Favorites with all books on device?

I am blown away by KOReader-- such a great reading experience compared to stock readers. Thank you so much KOReader team.

I am wondering if there is a way to populate the Favorites view with all books on the device without adding them manually as a Favorite. Since books are sometimes buried in folders and subfolders it is tedious to add them manually.

I see there is an open issue on github for a "flat view" of the library (https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/8472), which looks interesting and useful.

But it occurs to me that populating the Favorites view (or History, for that matter) with all books would be a nice way to have a "flat" view of all documents.

Is there a script someone has made to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance.
birdbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 10:09 PM   #2
strangelove42
strangelove42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
You can put your books in one folder to achieve the same thing. Then change your display mode to "Mosaic with cover images".

I organize them into genres.

I didn't find a simple way of making the switch from author folders to genre folders though. I pretty much just re-sideloaded the entire library with Calibre, transferred the existing KOreader metadata files from the author folders to the correct genre folder, then deleted all the author folders. I only had about 300 books at the time and around 50 with metadata so it wasn't time consuming for me.

(By default calibre uses author folder to sideload books. To change this go to Preferences > Sending books to devices > Save template.)

If anyone knows how to make Calibre do this automatically, please let me know.
strangelove42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-14-2024, 10:32 PM   #3
strangelove42
strangelove42 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
It will look like this.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FileManager_2023-06-19_165455.png
Views:	73
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	205814   Click image for larger version

Name:	FileManager_2023-06-19_162047.png
Views:	85
Size:	479.2 KB
ID:	205815  
strangelove42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2024, 09:44 PM   #4
birdbear

Thanks strangelove42. That makes sense.

I could do that but was hoping to just leave them in their directories/subdirectories. That way I can just copy over the folders from calibre's file structure and not mess with hunting down epubs and pdfs. This would also maintain the directories in case I wanted to browse for a book in that way.
Old 01-26-2024, 12:22 PM   #5
birdbear

I mean, what is the process that a book goes through when I click Add Book to Favorites?

I imagine the metadata is added to a database that the Favorites page then uses to populate itself.

Can that process be replicated or spoofed with a script?
Advert
Old 01-26-2024, 02:37 PM   #6
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
They are stored in koreader/settings/collection.lua, if you will write a script.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2024, 04:57 AM   #7
jonnyl
jonnyl began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mars
@birdbear, you can also open File search and search for "*", check 'Include subfolders'.

You can call File search with a gesture from anywhere and it will remember your last search string.
jonnyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 04:20 PM   #8
birdbear

Hey all, thanks to the hint by hius07, I was able to create a User Patch to accomplish what I was asking about in this thread.

For those interested, the User Patch can be found at:
https://gist.github.com/dagrha/f24f7...2af6425da99012

User Patches (and how to use them) are described here: https://github.com/koreader/koreader/wiki/User-patches

I'm sure my patch could be greatly improved by someone who knows Lua better than me, and with some clever sorting routines, filters, etc. But it works well for simply adding all books to the favorites collection.

Cheers!
Old 02-03-2024, 11:18 PM   #9
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
If you are going to develop further, the following modules are responsible for collections:
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...collection.lua
https://github.com/koreader/koreader...collection.lua
You can plug any modules via the "require()" statement.

Also the propositions how to improve the collection feature are welcome.
hius07 is online now   Reply With Quote