Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-03-2023, 03:25 PM   #1
enchanted_eel
enchanted_eel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
How to set auto-shutdown to less than one day?

Hello,

I am wondering if it is possible to set auto-shutdown to a time period of less than one day? I was not able to set the "day" dial to the 0 option - 1 was the minimum. This would be really helpful since I noticed that my Kobo Clara HD's battery depletes much faster when it is in sleep mode rather than completely off, and I really don't mind turning the device on (and waiting for it to startup) a little bit more frequently.

Thanks.
enchanted_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 05:30 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Not without tweaking the setting manually (in `settings.reader.lua`) *outside* of KOReader.

The key is `autoshutdown_timeout_seconds`, and, as it implies, the value is in seconds .

There's already been a fair amount of bike-shedding as to why this isn't doable from the UI, so, let's not go there .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2023, 10:03 AM   #3
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
I don't have it at hand atm but can't you just tap on the number to set something custom?
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 11:35 AM   #4
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Nope, NumberPicker enforces the min value that way, too.
Old 01-15-2024, 10:39 AM   #5
enchanted_eel
enchanted_eel began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Does anyone know if this issue was fixed in the latest 2024.1 update?
It shouldn't be that hard to allow a smaller auto shutdown value should it?...
I mean I get there needs to be a minimum value, but can't it be somewhat smaller than the current one?
enchanted_eel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2024, 02:34 PM   #6
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Nope, it's an anti-feature as far as I'm concerned .

If you really need to, you can switch to debug mode (tools > more tools > dev options), and then force a lower value by tapping on the day side of the text field, and enter :0 (i.e., prefix the desired value with a colon). You'll get a warning popup, but it'll accept the value.
Old 01-16-2024, 03:11 AM   #7
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
You can also manually set autoshutdown_timeout_seconds in settings.reader.lua.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Nope, it's an anti-feature as far as I'm concerned .
Eh, I see no particular problem with a minimum value of 0.1 day or something, which I think is how I originally wrote it before it was split up into days and hours. Now it insists on whole days only in that field.

I do think less than a couple of days is (supposed to be) nonsensical since it's just a failsafe to prevent fully draining the battery in case you don't touch the device for a few weeks for some reason.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote