Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 01-14-2024, 04:29 AM   #1
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
KOReader crash loop after latest update

I checked for an update about 15 minutes ago, and the install seemed to go fine except that after the install was complete, the "bomb" appeared on screen and just kept looping until the deviuce eventually rebooted back into Nickle. I've attached the crash log in the hope that it might help
Attached Files
File Type: txt crash.txt (592.9 KB, 37 views)
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 05:17 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I checked for an update about 15 minutes ago, and the install seemed to go fine except that after the install was complete, the "bomb" appeared on screen and just kept looping until the deviuce eventually rebooted back into Nickle. I've attached the crash log in the hope that it might help
Is it a nightly build or a stable build?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 10:07 AM   #3
pazos
cosiñeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Ticket in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11354

You'll need to fix it manually (overwritting files via usb) either with the last release or the next nightly since the fix hits master
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 12:51 PM   #4
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pazos View Post
Ticket in https://github.com/koreader/koreader/issues/11354

You'll need to fix it manually (overwritting files via usb) either with the last release or the next nightly since the fix hits master
Happy to do a manual overwtire - what do I download and which files do I overwtire?
Old 01-14-2024, 01:37 PM   #5
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Just reinstall the stable, only the nightlies are affected .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2024, 10:08 PM   #6
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Just reinstall the stable, only the nightlies are affected .
Thanks, that was very easy.
Old 01-14-2024, 10:51 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Alternatively, not handling the device like a southpaw would have spared you the bug ;p.

(It was tied to rotation handling ^^).

Will be fixed in tomorrow's (well, today now :s) nightly, FWIW.
Old 01-15-2024, 01:46 AM   #8
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Alternatively, not handling the device like a southpaw would have spared you the bug ;p.

(It was tied to rotation handling ^^).

Will be fixed in tomorrow's (well, today now :s) nightly, FWIW.
Ah, that is not an option. My left hand is the only one that works, my right is largely ornamental 😊
Old 01-15-2024, 02:31 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

That certainly explains it .

Snark aside, thanks for the logs, seeing the rotation in there definitely helped . (And happy to know you can manage the UI mostly one-handed, as that's a concern I'm moderately invested in, as my mother is one-handed (birth defect), so I'm familiar with "unexpected" grips on devices ).
Old 01-15-2024, 05:04 PM   #10
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
That certainly explains it .

Snark aside, thanks for the logs, seeing the rotation in there definitely helped . (And happy to know you can manage the UI mostly one-handed, as that's a concern I'm moderately invested in, as my mother is one-handed (birth defect), so I'm familiar with "unexpected" grips on devices ).

In my experience, KOReader is much more friendly for 1-handed operation than Nickel - gestures are a BIG part of that. The occasional bruise from being at the bleeding edge my way of giving back