Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 PM   #181
yoho
Banned
yoho began at the beginning.

Device: none
not able to buy one yet. it's not released in my country now. couldn't wait any longer.
yoho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 11:01 PM   #182
afv011
Captain Penguin
afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.afv011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Nook Glowlight
Quote:
Originally Posted by yoho View Post
not able to buy one yet. it's not released in my country now. couldn't wait any longer.
B&N currently only sells in the US.
afv011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-05-2012, 08:05 PM   #183
HansTWN
Wizard
HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HansTWN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: HP Touchpad, Sony Duo 13, Lumia 920, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by afv011 View Post
B&N currently only sells in the US.
It is still very easy to get one with the help of the likes of USunlocked.com or Shipito.com. I use Shipito.com all the time, and their international shipping rates are usually so reasonable, that it is cheaper to ship through them than having Amazon ship stuff directly to me (for those items that are not restricted to the US).
HansTWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:59 PM   #184
Sydney's Mom
Wizard
Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sydney's Mom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Fire 3d Gen and 5th Gen and Samsung Tab S
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgwood View Post
@ Sydney's Mom,

Try red text on the black background. Once your eyes adjust to it, you will be able to read the screen just fine. Saves your night vision as well.
Excellent! Thanks. Wait, how did you know I was at that age? What exactly are you implying?

Debra
Sydney's Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 02:52 PM   #185
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by toronado View Post
Consumer Reports likes the Nook with Glowlight:
http://news.consumerreports.org/elec...eader-yet.html
Best they've ever tested. wow. Previous best was the STR. Impressive.

they don't appear to like jetbook very much. lol.

confirms suspicions about slightly less contrast, but I can deal with that.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-07-2012, 03:15 PM   #186
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
What CU doesn't take into consideration though is the ecosystem. Yeah, the Nook Glow is pretty cool, but B&N has wretched customer service. The Kindles aren't quite as nice, but they don't have sequestered memory, and Amazon CS is amazing.
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:37 PM   #187
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
What CU doesn't take into consideration though is the ecosystem. Yeah, the Nook Glow is pretty cool, but B&N has wretched customer service. The Kindles aren't quite as nice, but they don't have sequestered memory, and Amazon CS is amazing.
I've never had an issue with them...of course, never having had an issue with my nook, I wouldn't.
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 03:59 PM   #188
Larken
Where's the backlight??
Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Larken ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 and Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeccaPrice View Post
I hear a lot of people complaining about Barnes and Noble customer service, however I had a few power issues with my original Nook and had no issues with calling, hold times or getting a replacement battery for both mine and my wife's Nooks.

And I love my new Nook with Glowlight, btw The contrast issue is noticable but not an issue. In fact, such a nonissue that the other customer in the store didn't notice it until I pointed it out.
Larken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 08:03 PM   #189
Joykins
Wizard
Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Joykins ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle Oasis 2018, kindle 4 NT, kindle PW2, iPhone, iPad mini
My experience with B&N is that their online support was useless. Their phone support was, hm, decent-ish if you were willing to jump through some hoops to convince them you had a genuine problem. Too much time spent on hold. I got one of the 1st gen nooks when it came out and they replaced it 3 times free (warranty: one crashed too much, the other 2 had the known page-turn button cracking issue that they eventually fixed) with no real hassles. I also had to have them remove a book from my account and refund me because I could not download it--it took a few calls for them to do it but eventually they did. Amazon lets you RETURN ebooks which is better.
Joykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:42 AM   #190
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Amazon you can return a book within seven days from your My Kindle Page without calling anyone. Very easy, quick, and hassle free.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:07 PM   #191
Kumabjorn
Basculocolpic
Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kumabjorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 WiFi, Kindle 4SO, Kindle for Android, Sony PRS-350 and PRS-T1
Where is that? I'm an overseas purchaser and all I get is a Manage Your Kindle Page. We are always discriminated against. (There is a sentence Churchill would approve of)
Kumabjorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 12:11 PM   #192
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When your manage your page is up and you are looking at your books, there is an option on the far right of every book labeled "Actions". When you hover over it you get a drop down menu to deliver the book to another Kindle, download using USB, delete from library, and return for refund.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:13 PM   #193
haydnfan
Guru
haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haydnfan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW 4, Oasis 2
I just had a very bad experience with their customer service and so I'm done with nook. Great device (though the fragile screen thing bothers me) but I can't deal with them anymore. I'm going to sell my older Nook STR as well and stick with my kindle.
haydnfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #194
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast

All the screens are fragile no matter what device. My MIL has had her K2 replaced twice, once due to the original sun fade issue on the K2 and once because of a screen problem. Until the various e-book readers go to the gorilla glass on the new IPad, or something like it, we all have to be careful with our devices.
Old 05-08-2012, 10:29 PM   #195
SeaKing
Frequent Flier
SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SeaKing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KB kindle aboard, Galx Tab 7.0 Plus, trying out Droid 1 as mini-tab
All the new stuff like a 1) glow light, 2) better battery life, 3) color eInk, 4) more memory, and maybe even a 5) larger screen, I will wait to get in a new Kindle. I only wish that I could expect to get 3G as well, but I fear those days are gone forever.

I look over there, and it sits quietly, never having had a problem, with its grey scale colors, many button keyboard, horrible navigation key but latched on dependably to AT&T 3G. It's my baby!
SeaKing is offline   Reply With Quote