Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-03-2010, 08:11 AM   #121
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeOnyx View Post
Onyx Booth at CeBit this year - Expo Booth: A023D, 16HALL
I'll make a note of that!

(last year, I had a real itinerary with stands to visit )
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 08:21 AM   #122
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Yes as to small page number. I think yes as to the rest.
I'm pretty sure this is a straight implementation of ADE 9.1.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2010, 09:56 PM   #123
jen6060
Connoisseur
jen6060 began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs505 (given away); Sony prs300; Nook
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerlee View Post
Nate,

IT WORKS. Thanks for the very useful advice. ( I did go out and buy a SM card reader though).

Will try the Adobe DE as you have advised too.

BTW out of the three untis I bought, one cannot be powered off. I hit the switch and it went to a screen saver and got stucked there since last night my time. Now I have to figure out what to do with it.

Other than that. This Boox is all you have described and tested. A wonderful device. I especially like the PDF reader.

(They should ask you to write the maunual for them I still can't find one ! )
Hi Tiger, I'm also spore based. Can you advise me on how to order? (perhaps a link to the China site) I looked it up in the US site, but at the moment it's on pre-order basis. Also do they ship directly to Spore (and how much shipping)? I have a sony 600 but am not happy at all with the reflectiveness, so I have major second thoughts about it. thanks v much
jen6060 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2010, 05:39 AM   #124
luag
Zealot
luag began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen6060 View Post
Hi Tiger, I'm also spore based. Can you advise me on how to order? (perhaps a link to the China site) I looked it up in the US site, but at the moment it's on pre-order basis. Also do they ship directly to Spore (and how much shipping)? I have a sony 600 but am not happy at all with the reflectiveness, so I have major second thoughts about it. thanks v much
I'm located in Jakarta, if you have a friend here or have a plan to come to Jakarta, I should be able to help.
luag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #125
tommik
Connoisseur
tommik began at the beginning.

Device: Poke Pro, Onyx Boox 60
Calculator

There is calculator for boox available.
You can unpack it wherever you want.
Attached Files
File Type: zip kalkulator.zip (91.8 KB, 392 views)
tommik is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-06-2010, 02:18 PM   #126
frozennorth
Evangelist
frozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic somethingfrozennorth has a certain pleonastic something

Device: Onyx Boox RIP, Sony PRS-T1, Kobo Libra
Does the dictionary work better on the Boox now? I heard there were some difficulties with it in the beginning. English is my second language so I would really love a well functioning dictionary.
frozennorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 11:45 PM   #127
tsantsa
tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tsantsa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none yet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulin's Books View Post
8000 page turns when just reading- no wacom no wlan. I get 4 days even when i websurf for an hour or 2 each day. if you forget to turn off the wifi though it could only last a day.
any idea when dulins is getting it back in stock?
tsantsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:00 AM   #128
ill_dawg
21st Century Digital Boy
ill_dawg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC TyTN 2, onyx boox
They should be back in stock soon. I was on the waitlist, and mine just arrived today.
ill_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:50 AM   #129
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Just been playing around with my newly arrived Boox and I must say I am unimpressed so far.

The quick start manual is, just like most quick start manuals, next to useless. The full manual on the reader is not worth reading either. As an advertisement for reading on a reader is is just about the worst example I have seen, full of typo's and formatting errors and unless you are bright enough to know how to change the font size it is almost impossible to read how to change the font size - or anything else for that matter.

The wifi swicth looks like it should move 5 or 6 mm to turn it on but it only moves about 1mm, though it does work. At least as far as turning on the wifi, as there is only one setting that can be altered, for the access key number, it is impossible for me to get any wifi working, I need to be able to set the IP address for the reader and there is no option to do this. I wish now that I had bought the version without wifi.

As I understand it the non wifi version also has no wacom support, so that would make the thing really useless as there does not seem to be any way to browse/select ebooks without wacom. I am supposed to be able to use the 'next' 'previous' keys but they do not work in menus.

The shutdown function is also borked, selecting the menu option 'shutdown' with the stylus actually reboots, the only way to shutdown is with the power switch.

Playback of MP3's is not really a feature I need but I tried it and found it to be sadly lacking as well. It seems that there is required bitrate / sample rate that is not listed in the manual so many of the files I tried play at the wrong speed and there does not seem to be any way to correct it.

For actually reading ebooks, which is what I bought it for, it does work adequately, but it may be going back for a refund as it is unfit for purpose.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 06:52 AM   #130
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by weedfreak View Post
The wifi swicth looks like it should move 5 or 6 mm to turn it on but it only moves about 1mm, though it does work. At least as far as turning on the wifi, as there is only one setting that can be altered, for the access key number, it is impossible for me to get any wifi working, I need to be able to set the IP address for the reader and there is no option to do this.
Will it not get its IP address via DHCP? I can't remember the last time that I needed to configure a device's IP address manually!
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:06 AM   #131
weedfreak
Addict
weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.weedfreak can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: calibre
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Will it not get its IP address via DHCP? I can't remember the last time that I needed to configure a device's IP address manually!
It would possible get it from DHCP if I used DHCP but for security and other reasons I do not use a DHCP server and need to (prefer to) manually configure all devices that connect to my networks, every device I have except the Boox allows me to enter a manual address or use DHCP.
weedfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:19 AM   #132
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
It would possible get it from DHCP if I used DHCP but for security and other reasons I do not use a DHCP server and need to (prefer to) manually configure all devices that connect to my networks, every device I have except the Boox allows me to enter a manual address or use DHCP.
Understood. I guess they just assumed that everyone uses DHCP these days.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:45 AM   #133
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:

As I understand it the non wifi version also has no wacom support, so that would make the thing really useless as there does not seem to be any way to browse/select ebooks without wacom. I am supposed to be able to use the 'next' 'previous' keys but they do not work in menus.
You don't need the Wacom screen. The silver ring around the okay button is a direction pad. I found it easy to use.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #134
amostafa
amostafa began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, i love onyx, and i made my mind to buy me one,,, but need your help:

What about Arabic?, does Onyx support Arabic?, (i can send you arabic pdf file to test it if possible)

What about reading MS Word document?, from my researches no one mention this!

Thanks
amostafa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2010, 08:02 AM   #135
ill_dawg
21st Century Digital Boy
ill_dawg began at the beginning.

Device: HTC TyTN 2, onyx boox
Quote:
full of typo's
Sorry, I had to.
ill_dawg is offline   Reply With Quote