Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-30-2010, 06:56 PM   #106
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Could anyone tell me, please, the best place for a buyer in the UK to order the Onyx Boox 60 from?

Thanks.
I agree with Stormchild. Get the Neo.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 02:53 AM   #107
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
I agree with Stormchild. Get the Neo.
Is there any difference between the two?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-31-2010, 03:16 AM   #108
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
According to the website, the Neo doesn't come with a cover...
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 04:08 AM   #109
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Now ordered (the Neo, that is ).
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:33 AM   #110
Klein Nijenhuis
Zealot
Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Klein Nijenhuis is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Could anyone tell me, please, the best place for a buyer in the UK to order the Onyx Boox 60 from?

Thanks.
Later this week, please check www.electronicreading.eu.
Klein Nijenhuis is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-01-2010, 07:38 AM   #111
redbaron101
Zealot
redbaron101 began at the beginning.

Device: palm t3, iphone, bebook (hanlin v3 clone)
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if lits, rtf, and fb2 are supported on the Boox?
redbaron101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:44 AM   #112
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbaron101 View Post
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know if lits, rtf, and fb2 are supported on the Boox?
I know lits aren't. I had to convert mine to epub. Haven't tried rtf or fb2.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:47 AM   #113
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
rtf is supported.
Quite nicely in fact.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 10:01 AM   #114
Zetmolm
Guru
Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Zetmolm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Touch (622), PocketBook Touch Lux 2, Pocketbook Touch HD 3
fb2 is supported as well, at least with the 1.2.1 firmware. Most of the books I read on my Onyx Boox in fact are in fb2 format, which I like better than epub: you can select a ffont family, and you have more zooming options.
Zetmolm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 01:58 PM   #115
LittlePrince
LittlePrince began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
I just got my Boox for a week. Now, I have a question about it.

While looking the PDF file in zoom mode, I can't move around in the page. Is there any way to move and see the other part of the page or the zooming feature is just useless?
LittlePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 02:03 PM   #116
ac4lt
Connoisseur
ac4lt began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
I've been able to use the stylus to move the page around when zoomed in.

Here's how I've set things with pdf's to not need to scroll around with the sylus.

1. open the pdf
2. select 'continuous view' from the layout menu
3. select 'selection zoom' and then draw a rectangle. really the horizontal part of the rectangle seems to be what's important. I draw a selection that's just wider than the text.

Now the 'next page' key moves smoothly through the document without any need to scroll around manually within the page.

The only drawback is that the bottom line on the screen can get cut off and because there isn't an overlap from one page the next, you may then need to manually scroll the page to be able to read that line. Fortunaely, this doesn't seem to happen too often but it is definitely annoying when it does.
ac4lt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #117
MikeOnyx
OnyxBoox Sales
MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MikeOnyx ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibje View Post
I would love to see Onyx International at the CeBIT too this year.
I'll make sure to come and say hi if you happen to be there!
Onyx Booth at CeBit this year - Expo Booth: A023D, 16HALL
MikeOnyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 11:57 PM   #118
LittlePrince
LittlePrince began at the beginning.

Device: Onyx Boox 60
Thank you ac4It.

To move around the page with the stylus works very well, but I understand that it consumes more energy, doesn't it. For the without-stylus method, I still found the problem. Imagine that I want to read a page by quarter, I drew box on top left part of the page. Once I hit 'next', it turned to the bottom left part, still what I wanted. However, when I hit 'next' again, it skipped the right part of the page and turned to a new page.

Anyway, I know that I can use stylus to do so. Thank you again.
LittlePrince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 08:48 AM   #119
StanByk
Connoisseur
StanByk began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Hi, I think I have finally made up my mind and I will be buying this device, but need some clarification over a couple of points.

1) I understand that the Boox and Neo are identical devices, but that the Neo will have some sort of interface to directly access ebook stores. Is this correct?

2) The Boox seems to get new firmware versions quite frequently these days. What about the Neo? Can I use a Boox firmware and put it onto the Neo? If yes, would that affect any Neo specific software running on the device, e.g. an ebook shopping portal? Essentially what I asking is, is the firmware separate from the software?

3) and finally, I heard the Neo comes without a cover, but the Boox does? Is this true? Also, if buy a Boox can I choose if I want the black or white cover?

Sorry for all these questions. Any help would be really appreciated
Thank you
Robert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klein Nijenhuis View Post
Later this week, please check www.electronicreading.eu.
StanByk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2010, 07:44 AM   #120
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
Do epubs displayed on the boox obey the text-align: justify style? That is, with this style, do epubs display fully justified (straight left and right margins)?

Also, do epubs display with a small page number in the right margin?

Thanks
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boox, onyx