Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-04-2009, 05:35 AM   #16
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Hm, I could register my machine, but I'm not able to download books from work. It does use the IE proxy though, so, I presume it has something to do with using a different port.

(I have a laptop which I take home every day, and I could only download books after turning off the proxy in my IE when I was at home)
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #17
evilK
evilK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Hm, I could register my machine, but I'm not able to download books from work. It does use the IE proxy though, so, I presume it has something to do with using a different port.

(I have a laptop which I take home every day, and I could only download books after turning off the proxy in my IE when I was at home)
But if you have k4pc registered in the machine, at this point you can take in a pendrive or something the content of "My Kindle Content", and be able to read it in your work, don't you? Or this doesn't work either?
evilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 10:07 AM   #18
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilK View Post
But if you have k4pc registered in the machine, at this point you can take in a pendrive or something the content of "My Kindle Content", and be able to read it in your work, don't you? Or this doesn't work either?
If you mean, can I download that book on my (also registered) home pc and take it to work?

Nope. I can't get it to start downloading unless I pick the machine I'm trying to download it on...

(it gives a notice that it won't work on the pc... let's see if I can find it in a cache somewhere...)

Edit: nope, it just refused to even start downloading it...

Last edited by Sweetpea; 12-04-2009 at 10:17 AM.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 12:32 PM   #19
Mike L
Wizard
Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mike L ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Samsung Galaxy
Quote:
Hehe i thought about that, but sadly my boss wouldn't let me do it
And yet, your boss does allow you to read ebooks on work time. Seems a little inconsistent.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 06:56 AM   #20
evilK
evilK began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
And yet, your boss does allow you to read ebooks on work time. Seems a little inconsistent.
If he allowed me to read books at work, i would just use a kindle or even a real book. I simply want to take advantaje to some dead hours i sometimes have at work, but have to do it in a concelead way.

I can read an ebook in my machine in a concealed way. I cannot take the computer tower to my home in the same way. I find it quite consistent xP.

Thanks for the information Sweetpea. So an usb modem for a one time connection would be the best option?, i'm not sure if k4pc will have problems with this too. Anybody has tried it? Thanks!
evilK is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-21-2010, 09:05 AM   #21
raultex
raultex began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
using kindle4pc behind work proxy

Had the same problem, and in my case, I have the 6" kindle, so I prefer using kindle4pc to read certain books (especially technical ones). I solved the problem using a virtual machine (I used virtualbox, but I imagine any one would work) . I cary the virtual disk on a flash drive, and download the ebooks at home, then I just pop in the flash drive at work and fire up the virtual machine with the e-books already downloaded. It´s a clumsy solution, but it works for me.
raultex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 07:23 AM   #22
csx01
csx01 began at the beginning.

Device: se x10
Arrow

Quote:
Hehe i thought about that, but sadly my boss wouldn't let me do it..what kind of reason could i plead for getting the tower outside the work? x(

Maybe using one of that USB modems that phone companies uses for their "internet everywhere" services could do the trick? Will be K4PC able to register through this kind of connection?

Let me know if somebody have tried! thanks.
You could try http://www.freecap.ru/ It helped me a lot geting through the proxy
csx01 is offline   Reply With Quote