Notices

Old 03-25-2009, 02:43 PM   #1
Nita
Banned
Nita has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: none
Smile Hello MobileRead!

Hello Everybody!

I read from PC, numerous laptops and now from small sumsung NC10.
for a long time tried to avoid the readers, but now I think it's time to say that I was wrong and I need normal reader!
The problem is that I did not choose one yet, but hopefully with all you help will find some great small reader!

Thanks to admins for great forum with a lot interesting and useful information!
Nita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Well, I think question #1 is: Where do you live? Your answer will help determine what device works best in your location.
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Nita and welcome to MobileRead. Check out the Which One Should I Buy section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123 for help making your decision
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:10 PM   #4
Nita
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
Well, I think question #1 is: Where do you live? Your answer will help determine what device works best in your location.
Thank you, DixieGal, for your answer and advice
I live in NY
Old 03-25-2009, 03:20 PM   #5
Nita
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
Hi Nita and welcome to MobileRead. Check out the Which One Should I Buy section here https://www.mobileread.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=123 for help making your decision
Thank you, cassidym!
Advert
Old 03-25-2009, 03:31 PM   #6
AbFabGab
Gadget-Luster
AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AbFabGab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Samsung Galaxy Tab S2
Welcome!

Will you be interested in reading library books on your device?
You can get the NYPL card for free if resident of NY and you
don't even have to go into the library! You can sign up online
and get your card via usps in a few weeks.

The library books come in adobe digital editions pdf (which work
on the sony 505, 700) and then there is mobipocket (which works on
cybook). These formats work on other devices but I only want to
state what I know!

Check out the ebook lending library list on MB's wiki.
AbFabGab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #7
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
You are golden because you live in NY. In the US, we can purchase e-reading devices and e-books just about anywhere online. Other countries have some limitations on devices and content.

Like AFGab said, the NY Public Library is getting lots of positive comments. Booksellers with content for most devices include Fictionwise.com, BooksOnBoard.com, Tor.com, and so on. There are also booksellers who specialize in only one format, such as Amazon sells content for its Kindle device, while Sony sells content for its PRS 505 and 700 models.

In addition to the wiki at the top of this page, if you click on "forums" it shows the subheadings for individual categories. You might want to poke around in the Cybook or Kindle or Sony or whatever forums and get acquainted with the various quirks of the devices.

No matter which you choose, I'm sure you will be very happy. No need to dawdle and get yourself too confused, just pick one and go for it. They are all terrific!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2009, 03:40 PM   #8
Nita
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbFabGab View Post
Welcome!

Will you be interested in reading library books on your device?
You can get the NYPL card for free if resident of NY and you
don't even have to go into the library! You can sign up online
and get your card via usps in a few weeks.

The library books come in adobe digital editions pdf (which work
on the sony 505, 700) and then there is mobipocket (which works on
cybook). These formats work on other devices but I only want to
state what I know!

Check out the ebook lending library list on MB's wiki.

Thank you, AbFabGab, so much for this information!
Yes, it would be great! this will definitely be the big point for me in choosing reader!

Thank you again!
Old 03-25-2009, 05:15 PM   #9
Nita
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DixieGal View Post
You are golden because you live in NY. In the US, we can purchase e-reading devices and e-books just about anywhere online. Other countries have some limitations on devices and content.

Like AFGab said, the NY Public Library is getting lots of positive comments. Booksellers with content for most devices include Fictionwise.com, BooksOnBoard.com, Tor.com, and so on. There are also booksellers who specialize in only one format, such as Amazon sells content for its Kindle device, while Sony sells content for its PRS 505 and 700 models.

In addition to the wiki at the top of this page, if you click on "forums" it shows the subheadings for individual categories. You might want to poke around in the Cybook or Kindle or Sony or whatever forums and get acquainted with the various quirks of the devices.

No matter which you choose, I'm sure you will be very happy. No need to dawdle and get yourself too confused, just pick one and go for it. They are all terrific!
Thank you, DixieGal, for your advices!
I'm sure they are all great but I would like to get one with the minimum technical problems, because I'm not a technical person . that is why I will probably read a lot about different readers before buy anything