Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-28-2015, 05:54 PM   #1
Kouwezakkie
Kouwezakkie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Ubuntu Headless, Windows 8.1 and database malformation (Cygwin?)

Hi everybody!

I've recently taken to install Calibre on my headless Ubuntu LTS 14.04 in order to experiment with mobile content delivery. More mundanely (and quite probably more honestly ) phrased: I am too darned lazy to load 50 books on my Oppo Find 7 running Mantano Premium and I want to be able to download my locally-stored books on the go (when commuting to work or while on vacation). It's partly a storage problem, but then I would've been better off just forking over the cash for a larger microSD card.

So far it is working brilliantly! Mantano accepts my server as a content server, I can download the files, they get imported, I can read them -- there's always a 'but' --- but Calibre acts up when editing from my Windows 8.1 x64 box.

I just keep running into various smaller messages that seem to signify there are minor issues. For example (since last update):

Code:
==> Vlaag van verstand
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 60, in delete_one
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\legacy.py", line 343, in delete_book
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1537, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1572, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 816, in executemany
  File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Why is referring to Kovid's C: partition?

Or:

Code:
calibre, version 2.20.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>CorruptError</b>:CorruptError: database disk image is malformed

calibre 2.20  isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-8-6.2.9200 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
32bit process running on 64bit windows
('Windows', '8', '6.2.9200')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('8', '6.2.9200', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 392, in delete_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\actions\delete.py", line 366, in do_library_delete
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\library\models.py", line 362, in delete_books_by_id
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 57, in call_func_with_lock
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\cache.py", line 1537, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 1572, in remove_books
  File "site-packages\calibre\db\backend.py", line 816, in executemany
  File "c:\cygwin64\home\kovid\sw\build\apsw-3.8.2-r1\src\cursor.c", line 231, in resetcursor
CorruptError: CorruptError: database disk image is malformed
Sometimes I can re-edit and it works, sometimes a title change sticks anyway, and seems to ignore the error message altogether. Sometimes, even a restarted Calibre just throws the same error again first edit in.

Would you think this is a permissions issue (everything is 777'd locally), or is it something to do on the compilation side? Am I missing something?

Last edited by Kouwezakkie; 02-28-2015 at 05:55 PM. Reason: ENTER killed part of my question!
Kouwezakkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2015, 06:43 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Running calibre with the library on a networked drive is not supported and results in these sort of errors. See I am getting errors with my calibre library on a networked drive/NAS?

Last edited by davidfor; 02-28-2015 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Messed up the link
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-01-2015, 01:56 PM   #3
Kouwezakkie
Kouwezakkie began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-650
Thanks! Will have to work around that then.
Kouwezakkie is offline   Reply With Quote