Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 08-20-2014, 04:33 AM   #46
sbwtxj
Groupie
sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.sbwtxj is not intimidated by interfenestral monkeys.

Device: kindle keyboard,kindle touch,PB touch lux
I am waiting for Hacked T3.
So i have this JP language no use until my wish is done.

T3 is really good,but its limited is very bad for market.
sbwtxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2014, 09:15 AM   #47
wichansu
wichansu began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t3
I just know that there is no English menu after I bought one from Ebay Japanese's seller.The t3 is not arrived yet.So I would ask for kind Japanese members in this community to translate japanese menus and UI to English for those who have this problem including me.
wichansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-26-2014, 05:11 AM   #48
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by wichansu View Post
I just know that there is no English menu after I bought one from Ebay Japanese's seller.The t3 is not arrived yet.So I would ask for kind Japanese members in this community to translate japanese menus and UI to English for those who have this problem including me.
Previous models have an English interface so if you can find their user guides on Internet you should be able to understand the meaning of the GUI symbols
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 05:37 AM   #49
wichansu
wichansu began at the beginning.

Device: sony prs t3
Thank you, I have found the user manual in Japanese and use google translate to translate it. Not sure how good this work because the t3 will reach me tomorrow.
wichansu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #50
samhy
Wizard
samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.samhy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: (Sony (J) PRS 650), Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo HD
Once again, it's not that different from the T1 or T2.
samhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-29-2014, 07:46 AM   #51
edurbrow
edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.edurbrow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 6"
I just sold a Sony PRS-T3S. I had bought it on Yahoo Auction (Ebay equivalent here in Japan). As soon as I found out there was no backlight I knew I wouldn't keep it. I could maybe have lived with the Japanese operating system.
I called Sony and there is no way to change the operating system. What's more, though I had no problem side loading a couple of books, when I sold it, the buyer couldn't do anything with it. It turns out that the person I bought it from had signed up (joined) some Sony site to buy books. So that particular PRS-T3S was associated with that particular person. The person I sold it to sent it back to me and I sent it to Sony. That cost $30 to have them change it over.
I knew there had to be a simpler way and would you believe I got an email from Sony customer support explaining how to do this in less than an hour after the delivery company picked up the device to send to Sony?
That is the long answer. The short of it is you cannot change the Japanese domestic operating system language. If you need help because of a previous person associating the device with Sony's book store, I could dig up the email from Sony.
cheers,
edurbrow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #52
DoctorM
Groupie
DoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and graceDoctorM herds cats with both ease and grace

Device: none
Sorry to revive this thread... and it seems like something that would have been tried (although I found no posts saying it), but did anyone just flash the Canadian firmware on to one of these?
http://info.update.sony.net/DR001/PR...1.00.15210.exe

Plenty of these from Japan on eBay, but I sure wouldn't buy one if you can't change the language.
DoctorM is offline   Reply With Quote