Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 06-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #1
DeepB
DeepB began at the beginning.

Device: none
Paperwhite - Disble lockscreen/screensaver

Hello,

when I close the cover of my kindle the screen turns of automaticially. When I open it again the screensaver appears. Since I have the cover for that functionality, is it possible to disable the screensaver completely?

Best regards
Daniel
DeepB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 02:05 PM   #2
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeepB View Post
Hello,

when I close the cover of my kindle the screen turns of automaticially. When I open it again the screensaver appears. Since I have the cover for that functionality, is it possible to disable the screensaver completely?

Best regards
Daniel
Not easily, unless you remove the magnet from the cover.

But why?
The e-ink display is a "meta-stable" device, it uses no power to display and a static display causes no permanent harm.

Any ghosting will be cleared by a few cycles between black and white.

Alright, since I didn't convince you . . . .
Remove or rename or move the screensaver image(s) -
If the system can't find a file to display, it displays all white.

Note: Keep track of what you do, since you will probably have to un-do it to get the device to update (when that time comes).
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 02:34 PM   #3
DeepB

I am sorry, it seems I did not make myself clear. I have no problem with the screensaver picture itself.

What I want: I read. I close the Kindle. The Kindle turns off the screen. I open the Kindle. The Kindle returns to where I was when I closed it.
So I don't want to swipe the screen to get back to where I was before.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:48 PM   #4
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
What I want: I read. I close the Kindle. The Kindle turns off the screen. I open the Kindle. The Kindle returns to where I was when I closed it.
So I don't want to swipe the screen to get back to where I was before.
Mine does, why doesn't yours?

Note: I do not use the "lock screen" - so disable that.

Directions should be in the User's Manual (I don't know, since I never enabled mine).
Old 06-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #5
DeepB

are you sure?

when I open the cover of my kindle it shows the current offer with "swipe to unlock Kindle"

Only when I swipe the screen it goes back to where I was before...
Advert
Old 06-03-2013, 04:03 PM   #6
knc1
Going Viral

Quote:
are you sure?

when I open the cover of my kindle it shows the current offer with "swipe to unlock Kindle"

Only when I swipe the screen it goes back to where I was before...
Absolutely, positively, sure - do you want to watch over my shoulder while I do it again?

You had not mentioned it was a SO Kindle -

Contact Amazon customer service, get the SO (special offers) removed, then disable the lock screen.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:40 PM   #7
DeepB

I am sorry, I just did that, works like a charm.