Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 04-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #31
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
crashing errors in mobigen

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotb0y View Post
Sorry, didn't document the usage. Its as follows

mobigen.exe "my example book.html0" --author="Smith, Agent" --title="My Example Book" --cover="My Neato Cover.jpg"
I've tried to build a book I scanned and ocred three different ways.

1. I used bd2mobi and had problems. first I couldn't get past the file validator, and got sent back to the syntax use declaration. For this attempt I had the hltm0 file, bd2mobi.exe and mobigen.exe all in the same directory. Finally I tried bd2mobi but sent the target file to the original BD LastFile directory instead, and got some action. This generated a crashing error in mobigen (some kind of access violation, I think. I'm not enough of a developer to dig into the debug of mobigen.) twice.
AppName: mobigen.exe AppVer: 4.8.8.7 ModName: mobigen.exe
ModVer: 4.8.8.7 Offset: 000dbe90

2. I went back and tried to follow HarryT's instruction doc as close as possible - reopened BD and saved as htm, opened the file in notepad and changed the justify, set the anchors, and set the mbpagebreak . When I got to Mobipocket Creator and tried to build, I again got a crashing bug, nothing is created and what appears to be the same exception, and Creator closes.
AppName: creator.exe AppVer: 4.2.39.0 ModName: msvcr80.dll
ModVer: 8.0.50727.762 Offset: 00014580

3. went back and tried mobigen directly, using the html file generated in step 2. same exception.

AppName: mobigen.exe AppVer: 4.8.8.7 ModName: mobigen.exe
ModVer: 4.8.8.7 Offset: 000dbe90

Since the book is a copyrighted file, I can't post it here. It's pretty basic, no images etc. Any idea what's causing the stupid thing to croak? Note that while the prc isn't pretty, the one I build from Book Designer is readable on my Gen3, but doesn't have the standard toc, etc.

Roger
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2008, 10:06 PM   #32
maggotb0y
Connoisseur
maggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheesemaggotb0y can extract oil from cheese

Device: Sony Reader
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darqref View Post
I've tried to build a book I scanned and ocred three different ways.

1. I used bd2mobi and had problems. first I couldn't get past the file validator, and got sent back to the syntax use declaration.

Since the book is a copyrighted file, I can't post it here. It's pretty basic, no images etc. Any idea what's causing the stupid thing to croak? Note that while the prc isn't pretty, the one I build from Book Designer is readable on my Gen3, but doesn't have the standard toc, etc.

Roger
Roger-
Without seeing the contents of the file, it's nigh on impossible to troubleshoot the problem. You may be able to edit the file down to the first paragraph of the first chapter and modify the text and still reproduce the problem. If you can do that, we might be able to troubleshoot, but without any view of the contents of the file, it's not likely that anyone can solve your issue.
maggotb0y is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-16-2008, 12:33 AM   #33
Darqref
space cadet
Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Darqref ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Rocket PRO, gen3, Pocketbook360
ARGGHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maggotb0y View Post
Roger-
Without seeing the contents of the file, it's nigh on impossible to troubleshoot the problem. You may be able to edit the file down to the first paragraph of the first chapter and modify the text and still reproduce the problem. If you can do that, we might be able to troubleshoot, but without any view of the contents of the file, it's not likely that anyone can solve your issue.
It's a freakin Margin style!

I kept chopping the book in half until I located where the error stopped happening. Whenever there is a div statement that looks like

Code:
<DIV style="MARGIN-LEFT: 80px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 100px">
Then I get a crashing error in Mobipocket Creator. When I take all those statements out, it works ok. I was working on a Harry Potter book, and I was using this method of setting off the quoted newspaper text.

I'll try to add a zip of the html file.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hp6test13.zip (726 Bytes, 515 views)
Darqref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:15 AM   #34
velusamys
velusamys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
I have auto generated HTML Files (nearly 200) and I want to convert in to a single MOBI File.

I had tried using the Mobipocket Creator.But Only the partial content are Displayed.There is no proper table of contents and meat data.

Just send exmaples for creating .Mobi using mobigen.

Thanks

Velu
velusamys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 02:20 AM   #35
velusamys
velusamys began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Hi

I have auto generated HTML Files (nearly 200) and I want to convert in to a single MOBI File.

I had tried using the Mobipocket Creator.But Only the partial content are Displayed and also there is no proper TOC and Metadata.

Can u suggest for mobigen some examples.
velusamys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert