Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-04-2017, 02:36 PM   #211
cc_in_oh
Bob's my uncle
cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cc_in_oh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Win10 certificates can usually be installed by visiting the site in internet explorer or edge and then rebooting.
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
That's a certificate validation error. It usually means that the certificate has expired or you don't have the appropriate CA certificate. But...

By "FF", I assume you mean "Fantastic Fiction". I have just tested this here with no problems. It is possible they have fixed it in the time between your post and my test. Or they have multiple servers and one is wrong.

Also, as you have just reinstalled Win10, a CA might be missing and waiting for yet another update to be installed.
Thanks guys! Yes, it was Fantastic Fiction. I normally never use IE so I tried visiting FF with it and that's all it took to fix it - no reboot or even restart of Calibre needed!

Aa a side note I just enrolled in Tim Buchalka's Udemy Python class (on sale for $10 this week) so hopefully I'll eventually be less of a nuisance...
cc_in_oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 09:11 AM   #212
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Thank you for the plugin! I'm trying to find a way to import my Goodreads reviews into Calibre, unfortunately, as davidfor pointed out, due to the GR API limitations the GR sync plugin cannot import longer reviews, but he suggested I try with the import list plugin to get the job done (again, thank you for the tip!). I installed the plugin on Calibre 2.76 and exported my GR library on CSV.

Problem is, I'm doing something wrong because I still can't import my reviews.

1- I deleted all the books/rows without review and some useless columns on Google spreadsheets to avoid problems with the CSV excel characters encoding and saved a new CSV.

2- I clicked on "Import List", opened the CSV tab and added my edited CSV (see attachment). In Columns to import, I checked my custom-created review column, set the position and hit preview: everything looked perfect.

3- Next step, I manually matched 8 books, all the others were matched. Then I hit next and finish.

4- After I hit finish, I got a list of marked results in Calibre which matched the books I wanted to import the review of, but there is no review! The field/column is empty, both the automatically matched books and the manually matched show no text (see attachment).

What should I do? Thank you for your help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura.PNG
Views:	264
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	154168   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cattura2.PNG
Views:	240
Size:	74.6 KB
ID:	154170  

Last edited by Alissa1651; 01-14-2017 at 09:16 AM.
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-15-2017, 01:47 PM   #213
Rellwood
Library Breeder (She/Her)
Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rellwood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD (1) PW3 (4) PW3 2019 new edition (1)
Hi,

I love this plugin and it has been crucial to keeping up with my libraries and goodreads. However I have noticed that it has been having a bit of buggy issues.

First, it pretty much always disappears behind the calibre screen when it is trying to manually find book in the library. I have to shrink Calibre and then restore (via the clicking on the corner of the screen to show the desktop) it for the plugin to show. It takes a lot of extra time.

Second, it often selects a different book to check than the one I select. The books it shows are nowhere near the books I select. So, I don't know what is up with that.

So that's the problem with the bugs.

Now I have a feature request, probably can do it already but am not sure yet. There are a lot of books that ALWAYS need to be matched manually because the csv author name or book names are not easy enough to match. I would like to use another field to check for books. I have a Goodreads or ISBN custom column and would like that to be a choice to use when matching books in the library. Or another column that has been designated for a title to use when importing but not the title I keep for my library metadata.

Any chance that could happen?

Thanks!
Rellwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 07:37 AM   #214
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alissa1651 View Post
Thank you for the plugin! I'm trying to find a way to import my Goodreads reviews into Calibre, unfortunately, as davidfor pointed out, due to the GR API limitations the GR sync plugin cannot import longer reviews, but he suggested I try with the import list plugin to get the job done (again, thank you for the tip!). I installed the plugin on Calibre 2.76 and exported my GR library on CSV.

Problem is, I'm doing something wrong because I still can't import my reviews.

1- I deleted all the books/rows without review and some useless columns on Google spreadsheets to avoid problems with the CSV excel characters encoding and saved a new CSV.

2- I clicked on "Import List", opened the CSV tab and added my edited CSV (see attachment). In Columns to import, I checked my custom-created review column, set the position and hit preview: everything looked perfect.

3- Next step, I manually matched 8 books, all the others were matched. Then I hit next and finish.

4- After I hit finish, I got a list of marked results in Calibre which matched the books I wanted to import the review of, but there is no review! The field/column is empty, both the automatically matched books and the manually matched show no text (see attachment).

What should I do? Thank you for your help.
At step three, press the middle button on the right side. It looks like a star and has the tool-tip "Update metadata for the selected books in the list". This displays a list of the metadata columns shown with a checkbox. Only the columns that are checked will be updated.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2017, 04:03 AM   #215
Goshawk4884
Goshawk4884 began at the beginning.

Device: none
It looks like Import List stalls with a large amount of entries. I tried my full csv file of about 3000 rows first, and calibre froze up. I left it for 12 hours and nothing happened.

Now i used a csv with only 100 rows, and it also seems to have frozen. What is teh limit of entries one can import? or is there some setting that i am missing?
Goshawk4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-20-2017, 05:03 AM   #216
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goshawk4884 View Post
It looks like Import List stalls with a large amount of entries. I tried my full csv file of about 3000 rows first, and calibre froze up. I left it for 12 hours and nothing happened.

Now i used a csv with only 100 rows, and it also seems to have frozen. What is teh limit of entries one can import? or is there some setting that i am missing?
Sorry, I don't know. I think I have done a hundred or so, but I don't use it that much. I don't remember that any of the steps took to long. What step was it up to?
Old 01-21-2017, 04:21 AM   #217
Alissa1651
Enthusiast
Alissa1651 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle app for iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
At step three, press the middle button on the right side. It looks like a star and has the tool-tip "Update metadata for the selected books in the list". This displays a list of the metadata columns shown with a checkbox. Only the columns that are checked will be updated.
Thank you davidfor, I selected them all with a CTRL+A, clicked on the star "update metadata" button and I finally managed to import my reviews! Thank you so much!
Alissa1651 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 05:56 PM   #218
puchrojo
puchrojo began at the beginning.

ISBN

Could you add a ISBN fiel? I think that is the very importan fiel to add. The rest you can get on calibre with it.

Thanks
puchrojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #219
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchrojo View Post
Could you add a ISBN fiel? I think that is the very importan fiel to add. The rest you can get on calibre with it.

Thanks
ID:isbn is there - look at the 9th image in the first post.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 05:40 AM   #220
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchrojo View Post
As BR said, ISBN is there. But, the import is extremely customisable. What metadata fields you import depends on the import source. If that source contains the ISBN, you can import the ISBN.
Old 04-03-2017, 07:52 AM   #221
RotAnal
Connoisseur
RotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheeseRotAnal can extract oil from cheese

Device: Onyx Boox M92
First of All, my compliments to the developer of this very valuable plug-in!
As regards data scraping, I did not succeed in extracting ISBN from this line:

<a href="/Chromatographic-Analysis-of-the-Environment-Mass-Spectrometry-Based-Approaches/Nollet-Lambropoulou/p/book/9781466597563">Chromatographic Analysis of the Environment: Mass Spectrometry Based Approaches, Fourth Edition</a>

It is not a matter of regex parsing, I cannot even read the whole predicate (of course into a string field such as Comment). I tried with //@href, but invariably get the tag instead of the predicate. Any suggestions?

Last edited by RotAnal; 04-03-2017 at 08:27 AM.
RotAnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 09:40 AM   #222
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

What site is this for? But, I would expect that "a/@href" with something like "(\d+)$" in the include pattern. I think that would work, but I'd need to see the site to be sure.
Old 04-08-2017, 07:06 PM   #223
apcrcom
apcrcom began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite
Is it possible for this plugin to download a list of literary award winners and add that information to metadata?

How could I do this, please?
apcrcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 10:32 PM   #224
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

You should be able to do this. Exactly what you need to do depends on where the information is stored. The first post of this thread has the basic instructions for the different sources. I would suggest reading those and trying it. If you have problems, hopefully we can help.
Old 04-24-2017, 05:58 AM   #225
Tanjamuse
Wizard
Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Tanjamuse , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

After I tried to import the attached list I got the following error:

Code:
calibre, version 2.70.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>ValueError</b>:invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''

calibre 2.70 [64bit]  embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.9
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Modify ePub (1, 3, 13) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 69) && Find Duplicates (1, 6, 2) && Save Composite Custom Columns (1, 1, 0) && Reading List (1, 6, 6) && Import List (1, 1, 5) && FanFicFare (2, 9, 8) && User Category (1, 5, 3) && Generate Cover (1, 5, 21) && Count Pages (1, 7, 0) && Tanja's Tools (0, 0, 6) && Edit Columns (0, 0, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 323, in validatePage
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 174, in _create_empty_books
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 179, in _apply_metadata_updates
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 222, in _update_mi_for_book
  File "calibre_plugins.import_list.page_persist", line 244, in _update_mi_custom_column
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\base.py", line 801, in field_from_string
ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: ''
Which means it didn't import all the columns I had asked it to.
Attached Files
File Type: rar Test.rar (4.5 KB, 151 views)
Tanjamuse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
column types