Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 06:09 PM   #1
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
mobileread.mobi doesn't work with Kindle (3)

Hi

I've been using mobileread.mobi for a while now on my kindle keyboard, and interestingly enough, i encounter error when i try to login(the cookie is still delivered, and i'm logged in, but the "Thank you for logging in" page is broken), post replies, send PMs, or reply to threads.

The problem with the last 3 is that i cannot enter anything in the text boxes....
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 08:07 PM   #2
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
I find the pages are wider than my 2.8" phone screen.
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 11:59 AM   #3
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StoryEnthusiast View Post
I find the pages are wider than my 2.8" phone screen.
I wonder if the website theme/design can be switched to fluid like it can on the desktop site?
Old 08-03-2012, 03:22 PM   #4
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
I just tried mobileread.mobi on my Kindle Touch and had no problem. I'll try next on my K3 and see how that goes.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:24 PM   #5
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I'll have to try later. My K3 needs a charge.
Advert
Old 08-03-2012, 06:02 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Going to look into this if it is an issue on our side.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #7
GeorgeH
Addict
GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeorgeH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Nexus 7
I was able to log in to mobileread.mobi just now using my K3 keyboard with no issues.
GeorgeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #8
StoryEnthusiast
K. C. Lee
StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.StoryEnthusiast ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by qlob View Post
I wonder if the website theme/design can be switched to fluid like it can on the desktop site?
All is needed is the following line in their pages to allow the page width to accommodate the screen width.

<meta name='viewport' content='user-scalable=no, width=device-width' />
StoryEnthusiast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM   #9
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgeH View Post
I was able to log in to mobileread.mobi just now using my K3 keyboard with no issues.
Interestingly enough, it worked for me as well. it used to give an error about a semicolon.... hrmmm weird.... the boxes still wont let me type in them...
Old 08-09-2012, 07:52 AM   #10
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Interestingly enough, it worked for me as well. it used to give an error about a semicolon.... hrmmm weird.... the boxes still wont let me type in them...
Hi qlob, we did some tweaks to the code. Could you try again?
Old 08-09-2012, 09:56 AM   #11
qlob
Official Lurker

Still doesn't work, unfortunately...Thanks for trying to fix it though . Has anyone else with a k3 had this problem?
Old 08-09-2012, 10:34 AM   #12
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
Still doesn't work, unfortunately...Thanks for trying to fix it though . Has anyone else with a k3 had this problem?
Hmm. Could you explain again what happens or what it exactly says when you're using your k3?

Thanks for your help.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #13
qlob
Official Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
Hmm. Could you explain again what happens or what it exactly says when you're using your k3?

Thanks for your help.
It used to give me an error about a incorrect placement of a semicolon, then went away strangely (I think you guys might have done it, but I'm not sure)....

My only complaint now is that i cannot type anything in the text boxes when i go to start a thread or reply to a post... the login text boxes work though.... the little cursor ( | ) shows up when i select it, but when i press keys, the boxes don't contain any text. I've tried submitting it, but then the site says that there's no text in the box.
Old 08-09-2012, 11:53 AM   #14
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged

Quote:
It used to give me an error about a incorrect placement of a semicolon, then went away strangely (I think you guys might have done it, but I'm not sure)....
Yes, this is (hopefully) fixed. It was related to a illegal XML character.

Quote:
My only complaint now is that i cannot type anything in the text boxes when i go to start a thread or reply to a post... the login text boxes work though.... the little cursor ( | ) shows up when i select it, but when i press keys, the boxes don't contain any text. I've tried submitting it, but then the site says that there's no text in the box.
Interesting. That's the first time I've heard of someone having this problem. The text boxes are very basic and it's a surprise that they are giving your K3 these difficulties.

Now I am also curious: does anyone else with a K3 have the same problem?
Old 08-09-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
does anyone else with a K3 have the same problem?
None here. This was typed on my K-3. EDIT: see next post.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 08-09-2012 at 01:44 PM.