Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 11:57 AM   #31
ElMiko
Addict
ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.ElMiko actually enjoys Vogon poetry.

Device: Kindle
Thanks for the pro-tip. Couldn't for the life of me figure out why it worked sometimes and others no!
ElMiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 12:59 PM   #32
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
Originally Posted by meme View Post
Found/fixed the issue.
Thanks

Quote:
As a workaround, if your Replace goes to the next page, just click on the beginning of the file and do the Replace again.
?

If I see, that sigil has changed the file, then it has already exchanged the first match in the new file (probably with a unresolved backreference).

Or not ??

For me, ctrl-z works well in this situation.
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-27-2012, 01:06 PM   #33
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, K4 NT, K3, Kobo Touch
No its not already replaced. When you hit Replace it does 1 of two things: if you haven't found text before it finds and highlights the next match. If you've got the last match highlighted, it replaces it and then finds the next match. So after a match you can decide if you want to replace it or hit Find to move to the next match.
meme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:13 PM   #34
mmat1
Berti
mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mmat1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Acer Lumiread
Quote:
No its not already replaced.
Thanks for explanation.

But if the user impatiently hits replace a bit too fast, then it's good to know that undo will work...
mmat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 07:04 PM   #35
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

I just updated to .5.3 and notice now that all three forms of quotation mark keys seem to function as dead keys. So the keys are

'
" (shift ')
`

When I type any of them in Sigil (code view or regular) nothing happens till I hit another key, and then the proper character appears followed by the second character I typed.

EDIT: Ok, I discovered that when I type "e it gives me ë. Other quote/vowel combinations give various letters with diacritics. This is only happening for me in Sigil.

Thoughts?

Last edited by BKh; 02-27-2012 at 09:21 PM.
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2012, 02:21 AM   #36
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Actually, I have that feature by default in Windows. I think it is very handy, since we use diacritics in the language.

It is very strange that it is only in Sigil (are you sure?), because it is a keyboard language setting.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 06:16 AM   #37
BKh
Zealot
BKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheeseBKh can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxaris View Post
It is very strange that it is only in Sigil (are you sure?), because it is a keyboard language setting.
OK, I figured it out sort of.

It doesn't happen in FireFox, ThunderBird, Notepad++, Mnemosyne (I think that uses Qt if it makes a difference), Caliber.

I'm in WinXP SP3. I checked my language input options and US-international was listed but not selected (at least I don't think it was). I deleted it and now Sigil works fine. It seems odd that Sigil would default to this input option. Under prefs in Sigil my language was set to English.

Any way, sorry for the interruption. Thank you!
BKh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 05:32 AM   #38
jbacelar
Interested in the matter
jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jbacelar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook InkPad 3
Now I know what the problem with user_dict.txt
I open Sigil 0.5.3: Edit, Preferences, and I close this window .... and voila! the user_dict.txt is now encoded UTF-8 without BOM.
jbacelar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #39
meme
Sigil developer
meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.meme ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbacelar View Post
Now I know what the problem with user_dict.txt
I open Sigil 0.5.3: Edit, Preferences, and I close this window .... and voila! the user_dict.txt is now encoded UTF-8 without BOM.
Probably the fix to issue 1266 to allow non-english dictionaries to move between linux/windows.
Old 03-01-2012, 02:45 PM   #40
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Additional information about "Tidy":
I inserted a "</span>" into the text and then went to BV, saved and went back to CV. The "</span>" was still there. I toggled :Tidy on/off" and repeated he above 4 times (2 on, 2 off). The "</span> remained.

Now the surprise:
"Tidy" was invoked when I did an F&R. It made no difference if "Tidy" was turned on or off. I used the method above to verify, and it was repeatable.

Another case of strange behavior:
I was doing a "normal", "all html" F&R and a "nothing found" was returned when there were several known instances in the files. It should have found at least one since the "find" was copied and pasted in the search box. I tried moving the cursor to the top of he current file and to the top of the first html file. The only way, I found, to cure this particular problem was to close and re-open Sigil. This has only happened once and I don't remember the exact circumstances just prior to the failure.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 04:12 AM   #41
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
When you copy and paste a search expression intoi the F&R dialog the text remains marked in the document, if this is the only occurence Sigil will not find it (no need, you found it already).
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:18 AM   #42
meme
Sigil developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by huebi View Post
When you copy and paste a search expression intoi the F&R dialog the text remains marked in the document, if this is the only occurence Sigil will not find it (no need, you found it already).
Could you give an example. If I select text in BV, and then in F&R type/paste that text in Find, and using Normal, Current File, Down do a Find - it finds the text ok.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:09 AM   #43
huebi
Zealot
huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!huebi , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
I'm not doing this in BV, just in CV. Well i forgot that i'm still on 034
huebi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:16 AM   #44
meme
Sigil developer

We'll just have to do something in the next version to make you want to upgrade.
Old 03-04-2012, 10:18 AM   #45
Jabby
Jr. - Junior Member
Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jabby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Archos, Asus, HP, Lenovo, Nexus and Samsung tablets in 7,8 and 10"
Quote:
Could you give an example. If I select text in BV, and then in F&R type/paste that text in Find, and using Normal, Current File, Down do a Find - it finds the text ok.
I works for me as well.

Conditions: CV, all html, normal, with only one instance of test text in the file.

If I highlight the test text and copy it, when I paste it in the F&R search box I lose he text highlight. When I click "count" I get 1. When I click "next" the test text is found and highlighted.

Regards - John
Jabby is offline   Reply With Quote