Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 11-27-2011, 09:54 AM   #1
Lancelot
Enthusiast
Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!Lancelot , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: none
epub cover image

Hi All,
I'm stumped on fixing epub files. I can't get Nook to create/display covers. All I'm getting are gray out icons. From what I understand I need to match cover id file name in cover xhtml and .opf file? The questions is how do you edit .opf without unzipping epub? Is there an application that can handle this better than Sigil?

Thanks.
Lancelot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 10:12 AM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancelot View Post
The questions is how do you edit .opf without unzipping epub? Is there an application that can handle this better than Sigil?
Thanks.
I can't really comment on "better," but the Tweak ePub feature of calibre allows you to explode the epub and make some simple changes to the opf (or any of the files) and subsequently rebuild the epub.

But unzipping the epub and editing files shouldn't really be that big of a deal as long as you get it zipped back up properly (mimetype file being first and uncompressed).
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert