Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 05-19-2011, 09:07 PM   #1
mwallis
mwallis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Calibre / Kindle Download Challenges

Greetings! Hoping that someone can help me with this download problem. Running Calibre 0.8.1 and using it with a newer Kindle. When downloading News items (CNN, MSNBC, etc.), they are automatically emailed to my Kindle email account. I used to be able to attach my Kindle and download them directly from Calibre to the Kindle without using the Kindle email mechanism (and spending money).

I can't seem to disable this automatic email of downloaded News items. Tried running the Welcome Wizard and pulling out all email info but it's still embedded in my installation somewhere.

How do I stop the auto email?

Thanks -- mw
mwallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 10:27 PM   #2
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
try unchecking the autosend under preferences sending books by email if you have not already done this
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-19-2011, 11:47 PM   #3
mwallis
mwallis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thanks! That did the trick!

As much as I scanned the Preferences, I never looked under "Sharing books by email" since I was never "sharing" books, just trying to download them to my own device. Usability 101: Telling labels really do matter.

Appreciate your guidance.... -- mw
mwallis is offline   Reply With Quote