Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 12-17-2010, 11:52 PM   #1
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Sigil & Embedded Fonts

I am attempting to embed the Charis font family in an epub. It's not really needed, more of an experiment.

Anyway I followed one of the threads on MobileRead but could not get the fonts to really work. I then came across this:
http://blog.threepress.org/2009/09/1...in-epub-files/

Which seemed to go into it a bit more.

The problem I am having is that I seem to be able to get the regular font version of Charis but I cannot seem to be able to enable the Italics font at least in book view in Sigil. It seems to be working in ADE & the epub viewer plugin for Firefox though it does not work in Calibre.

Should the embedded fonts show up properly in Sigil assuming I have done the coding properly and the fonts are in the right spot or is Sigil limited in this regard. Just wanting to know if I should continue to beat my head against the wall trying to figure out what is wrong.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 05:28 AM   #2
Pablo
Guru
Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pablo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-505, PRS-T2
Both Calibre and Sigil use the Qt library for the GUI. The current version of the library has a bug that prevents italics and bold to show properly with embedded fonts.
To check your book you have to use something else, like ADE or ePubreader, as you mentioned.
Pablo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2010, 10:56 AM   #3
Danger
Evangelist
Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Danger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2 (retired), Kobo Touch (passed to the wife), KGlo, Galaxy TabPro
Thank you. At least I know what's wrong then and can work around that.
Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 09:57 PM   #4
bremler
Enthusiast
bremler began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Hello just want to share my way around the italics/bold issue. I use Dreamweaver in conjunction with sigil. In Dreamweaver you can definitely see the italics and bolds. I do my html changes in Dreamweaver, then cut and paste in Sigil.
bremler is offline   Reply With Quote