Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 11-26-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
Limmer
Limmer began at the beginning.

Device: kobo
Just downloaded 1.7.5

and now "My Books" Setting is showing all books including the preloaded. The other two setting work but the only one I use is not. Any idea why?
Limmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 08:58 AM   #2
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Which reader--WiFI or original? What version of firmware on the reader?
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by taming View Post
Which reader--WiFI or original? What version of firmware on the reader?
The thread subject says to me it is wifi reader. Also, it seems to be the
same old "show all book you could find" issue.
I managed to get rid of it.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 12:58 PM   #4
pholy
Booklegger
pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pholy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BeBook(1 & 2010), PEZ, PRS-505, Kobo BT, PRS-T1, Playbook, Kobo Touch
The latest desktop is also 1.7.5 (20 Nov 2010). I just re-installed from the web site to cure an update problem I had. Mind you, I haven't connected my 1.4 Kobo to the desktop yet -- probably won't until the new firmware for it is announced. I don't have a wifi Kobo, so I'm not sure what its latest released version is.
pholy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2010, 06:21 PM   #5
Limmer

It is the old one running 1.4 firmware and 1.7.5 desktop.
Advert
Old 11-26-2010, 08:30 PM   #6
tlk
tlk began at the beginning.

just bought a kobo wireless, can't get the desktop application to show up on my pc so that i can register it , help, what am I doing wrong
tlk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 03:45 AM   #7
taming
Trying for calm & polite
taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.taming ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo original, WiFI, Touch, Glo, and Aura
Quote:
Originally Posted by tlk View Post
just bought a kobo wireless, can't get the desktop application to show up on my pc so that i can register it , help, what am I doing wrong
You can always download the latest desktop application from this page: http://www.kobobooks.com/desktop
taming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:22 AM   #8
Davec33
Davec33 began at the beginning.

Hi tlk,

The instruction booklet just says to connect the Kobo to your computer USB. If you do that (at least with my Win7 computer) nothing happens. You have to move the cursor at the bottom of the Kobo screen from "Keep Reading" to "Manage Library" and push the center of the pad. The computer will then see the Kobo, and you can run the application.
In my case it was even more complicated as the USB cable supplied did not work either.
Davec33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 01:02 PM   #9
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limmer View Post
and now "My Books" Setting is showing all books including the preloaded. The other two setting work but the only one I use is not. Any idea why?
"my books" shows all opened books regardless of preloaded or not. If you're reading it, it counts as "your book" if you will.

Is it showing ALL preloaded books? Or just the ones you opened?
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2010, 09:16 PM   #10
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
"my books" shows all opened books regardless of preloaded or not. If you're reading it, it counts as "your book" if you will.

I know this isn't the correct thread, but can you please read... https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=105210 and let us know if the embedded font bug is going to ever be fixed?
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
zoran
himself
zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.zoran can tame squirrels without the assistance of a chair or a whip.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SameerH View Post
This happened to me also. And I read the same more than once for
other folks on the forum. To say again: I got my reader and upgraded
to 1.4. Then connected device to computer and put some epubs on
it. After processing it did show all books I put on it, in the "my books"
mode. I let it that way and drained the battery. After recharge only the
book I was reading was shown. Sounds like all complains are the same.
zoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2010, 08:00 AM   #12
Limmer

It is showing ALL preloaded. Not just opened ones.
Old 12-10-2010, 08:53 AM   #13
tlk
tlk began at the beginning.

hi all, thanks for your help, moving to manage library worked, i am now enjoying my kobo
tlk
tlk is offline   Reply With Quote