Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-19-2010, 01:12 PM   #1
JeanH
JeanH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
How do I uninstall Calibre?

I generally use Revo Uninstaller since it does a very good job. Revo can't find it, Win7 uninstaller can't even seem to find it, yet there's a ton of files which, using REGEDIT will probably take me a month to complete. I just want to be rid of it, and have never, ever had trouble uninstalling a program before. Help!
Old 11-20-2010, 01:25 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanH View Post
I generally use Revo Uninstaller since it does a very good job. Revo can't find it, Win7 uninstaller can't even seem to find it, yet there's a ton of files which, using REGEDIT will probably take me a month to complete. I just want to be rid of it, and have never, ever had trouble uninstalling a program before. Help!
Little angry faces really invoke my sense to help someone out.

Calibre installs and uninstalls like any other Windows program. But like most other Windows programs individual settings may not be removed.

If it can't be found by the uninstallers it was already removed/deleted. Try reinstalling then use your favorite uninstall method. If that doesn't work completely enough for you reimage your machine to suit your particular brand of OCD, but by all means please go cry in your soup some place else.
Advert
Old 11-20-2010, 10:42 AM   #3
neilmarr
neilmarr
neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neilmarr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony
Good to have your new company, Jean. But why, for heaven's sake, would anyone ever want to uninstall such a superb piece of library software? Best wishes. Neil
Old 11-20-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
JeanH
JeanH began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 2
Jeeze, am I ever sorry I asked for help. You have my word, I will not intrude again. 'Bye now.
Old 01-13-2016, 02:03 AM   #5
joebagadonuts
joebagadonuts began at the beginning.

Device: HP Compaq Elite 8300
Dear A-Holes: There are times when the latest Calibre updates fail to install and no amount of effort will uninstall the errant application. Although I am a Calibre fan, I also would like to uninstall the application in order to try installing the latest version. I don't use emoticons, I am not OCD and I do enjoy Calibre. So take your smart-*ss replies and use them to buy a personality.
Advert
Old 01-13-2016, 02:37 AM   #6
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebagadonuts View Post
Dear A-Holes: There are times when the latest Calibre updates fail to install and no amount of effort will uninstall the errant application. Although I am a Calibre fan, I also would like to uninstall the application in order to try installing the latest version. I don't use emoticons, I am not OCD and I do enjoy Calibre. So take your smart-*ss replies and use them to buy a personality.
The OP of this five-year-old ancient thread was certainly not as rude as you (actually, I am not sure why he got such a strong reaction, but I don't usually chase people down five years after the fact to beat them over the head about it).

But you are rude enough for all three of us, so it is with great pleasure that I would like to tell you to clear off.
Come back when you have calmed down, relaxed, and prepared yourself to act in a civilized manner.

Maybe next time you come somewhere for help, you will start off calmly and be polite, and then you will get people willing to help you, but this is not that thread...

Aside: Don't y'all just love it when a newcomer hunts down the nastiest thread they can find across a forum full of polite posts, then proceeds to get preemptively offended at everyone in sight?

Last edited by eschwartz; 01-13-2016 at 02:40 AM.
Old 01-13-2016, 09:18 AM   #7
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by joebagadonuts View Post
I don't see a question in this rant. Uninstalling isn't necessary to update to the newest version. If you need help please start a new thread and provide us all applicable info on exactly what problem you are experiencing.

Moderator Notice
Thread closed
Closed Thread