Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-23-2013, 06:38 AM   #361
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire 2020, Kindle PW2
That gives me a PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR in the name, I think it might be because of the different naming conventions. I don't think this will be doable because of that, but if you want to still proceed the different combinations can be:

Romance
Fantasy Series
Romance/International
Read - Romance
Read - Fantasy Series
Read - Romance/International

and so on and so forth

So as you can see, they can be with or without the / and -.
nynaevelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 08:36 AM   #362
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynaevelan View Post
That gives me a PLUGBOARD TEMPLATE ERROR in the name, I think it might be because of the different naming conventions. I don't think this will be doable because of that, but if you want to still proceed the different combinations can be:

Romance
Fantasy Series
Romance/International
Read - Romance
Read - Fantasy Series
Read - Romance/International

and so on and so forth

So as you can see, they can be with or without the / and -.
Well, you did say only #3 & #6 were possible permutations at first. I will have to think about how to extend it to these new ones as well.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 09:16 AM   #363
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie
nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nynaevelan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry I realized I didn't give you all the different options, but you have them all now.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:05 AM   #364
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

When I get a chance I will try to figure this out. Luckily the big step is already done -- parsing the data -- now I just have to figure out how to select what's needed.

To clarify: Given a structure "start - middle/end" use the first letter of each, with applicable separators, assuming any section is optional? Spaces can exist, but will still act as one section, i.e. no getting F S for "Fantasy Series"?
Old 12-23-2013, 01:38 PM   #365
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
When I get a chance I will try to figure this out. Luckily the big step is already done -- parsing the data -- now I just have to figure out how to select what's needed.

To clarify: Given a structure "start - middle/end" use the first letter of each, with applicable separators, assuming any section is optional? Spaces can exist, but will still act as one section, i.e. no getting F S for "Fantasy Series"?

That's cool if you cannot get the two together, I do not have that many of them and if necessary I can combine them to make one word, or leave them as they are and use memory to remember which are Fantasy Series and which are just Fantasy.
Advert
Old 12-23-2013, 02:11 PM   #366
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
That's cool if you cannot get the two together, I do not have that many of them and if necessary I can combine them to make one word, or leave them as they are and use memory to remember which are Fantasy Series and which are just Fantasy.
I was just checking what you need this time, to save more confusion.

I think I could, actually. I need to experiment though. Probably sometime tonight.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:40 PM   #367
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Without using "F S" for Fantasy Series, I made this:

Code:
program:
#save stuff before " - "
start=list_item(field('tags'),-2, ' - ');
#save stuff after it
end=list_item(field('tags'),-1, ' - ');
#divides 'end' into two, at '/'
part3=list_item(end,-2,'/');
part4=list_item(end,-1,'/');
#return a value
strcat(
#add first initial
	shorten(start,1,'',0),
#add first separator if first initial not empty
	test(start,' - ',''),
#add second initial
	shorten(part3,1,'',0),
#add second separator if third not empty
	test(part3,'/',''),
#add third initial
	shorten(part4,1,'',0),
)
In one line:
Code:
program:start=list_item(field('tags'),-2, ' - ');end=list_item(field('tags'),-1, ' - ');part3=list_item(end,-2,'/');part4=list_item(end,-1,'/');strcat(shorten(start,1,'',0),test(start,' - ',''),shorten(part3,1,'',0),test(part3,'/',''),shorten(part4,1,'',0),)
I can add another divider to separate a two-part tag, but I'd like to avoid putting in three sets if possible; will two-word components appear other than at the end? Based on the six examples you gave me, no, but I just want to confirm that there aren't any more options hidden away, even stuff you might do someday.
Old 12-23-2013, 08:57 PM   #368
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Just say the word and I will add in a few more ifs for multiple two-word sections.

Assuming it IS just the last section, here is the version with support for the multiword section:

Code:
program:
#save stuff before " - "
start=list_item(field('tags'),-2, ' - ');
#save stuff after it
end=list_item(field('tags'),-1, ' - ');
#divides 'end' into two, at '/'
part3=list_item(end,-2,'/');
part4=list_item(end,-1,'/');

part3alt=list_item(part4,-2,' ');
part4=list_item(part4,-1,' ');

#return a value
strcat(
#add first initial
	shorten(start,1,'',0),
#add first separator if first initial not empty
	test(start,' - ',''),
#add second initial
	shorten(part3,1,'',0),
#add second separator if third not empty
	test(part3,'/',''),
#if last section had ' ' not '/', use these two lines instead
##add third initial part 1
	shorten(part3alt,1,'',0),
##if third initial part 1 exists, add ' ' separator
	test(part3alt,' ',''),
#add third initial
	shorten(part4,1,'',0),
)
One-line monster:
Code:
program:start=list_item(field('tags'),-2, ' - ');end=list_item(field('tags'),-1, ' - ');part3=list_item(end,-2,'/');part4=list_item(end,-1,'/');part3alt=list_item(part4,-2,' ');part4=list_item(part4,-1,' ');strcat(shorten(start,1,'',0),test(start,' - ',''),shorten(part3,1,'',0),test(part3,'/',''),shorten(part3alt,1,'',0),test(part3alt,' ',''),shorten(part4,1,'',0),)
Old 12-23-2013, 09:32 PM   #369
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

I get that plugboard template error.
Old 12-23-2013, 09:58 PM   #370
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
I get that plugboard template error.
Not entirely sure what to say, except that I don't...

Error in a custom column, or saving as a plugboard?

Are you sure all the "tags" fields are exactly as you typed, no extra spaces?

Which version is erroring?
Old 12-23-2013, 10:03 PM   #371
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

This might be more complicated than it needs to be, I think I am going to try to adjust my plugboard to make the various sections shorter than they are to fit enough on the line, and of course to move the title closer to the beginning of the line.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:04 PM   #372
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:

Yep they are, I do not get any error in Calibre, that is what shows up on the title line on the kindle.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #373
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
This might be more complicated than it needs to be, I think I am going to try to adjust my plugboard to make the various sections shorter than they are to fit enough on the line, and of course to move the title closer to the beginning of the line.
Sure, whatever floats your boat. I am available for any more attempts you wish to make though; this was actually very fun for me.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #374
nynaevelan
eBook Junkie

Quote:
Sure, whatever floats your boat. I am available for any more attempts you wish to make though; this was actually very fun for me.

Well if you are having fun, please feel free to carry on, I just do not want to waste your time.
Old 12-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #375
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Well if you are having fun, please feel free to carry on, I just do not want to waste your time.
I'll need an idea of how to reproduce your error before I can fix it.

Quote:

Tags
custom column, tag, tags