Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which Avatar do you think fits WT best?
01 Mad Baby 6 11.11%
02 Gears Cranking 3 5.56%
03 pSock Puppet Theater 1 1.85%
04 Mandrake the Magician 2 3.70%
05 Tom Selleck 2 3.70%
06 W.C. Fields 2 3.70%
07 Tom and Jerry 0 0%
08 Stay Tuned 0 0%
09 What Avatar? 0 0%
10 Alfalfa 6 11.11%
11 Zorro 2 3.70%
12 FlorenceArt Original 12 22.22%
13 Buddy Jesus 2 3.70%
14 Rocky Horror 3 5.56%
15 Tom Waits 3 5.56%
16 Foghorn Leghorn 4 7.41%
17 Happy Chicken 0 0%
18 Portugal 1 1.85%
19 The Blue One next to the Fish 3 5.56%
20 Legalize Shemp 2 3.70%
Voters: 54. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #136
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Great contest and good job people. May I never have to run against you in real life.

And Tom, that avatar makes your head look fat.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #137
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlorenceArt View Post
Aaaaand… It’s OVER ! 12 won! The crowd goes wild! 12 is picked up and carried on dozens (well, one at least) of shoulders to the nearest pub.

Beer for everyone!
Quote:
I would like to thank my Mom and Dad, and all the wonderful MR people who campaigned and voted for me. This is the first election I ever win, and most probably the last. I am moved to tears.

Thank you!

congratulations florence ! it couldn't have happened to a better avatar.

and congratulations tom for your incredibly classy new attire !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:21 AM   #138
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Florence, it really is beautiful. It looks great with Tom using it; the transparent background makes it stand out very nicely!
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:24 AM   #139
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
In addition to all the winners, FlorenceArt and poohbear_nc will also receive a helping of Karma for suggesting the idea of a contest!
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:32 AM   #140
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle3, Ipod4, IPad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
In addition to all the winners, FlorenceArt and poohbear_nc will also receive a helping of Karma for suggesting the idea of a contest!
Nice Avatar
beppe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:36 AM   #141
beppe
Grand Sorcerer
beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.beppe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ florence up to now I saw 3 avatars of yours. la poule, Anatole and the prize winner visage 1.

Open a boutique?
Old 06-07-2010, 09:40 AM   #142
FlorenceArt
High Priestess
FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FlorenceArt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro 9.7, iPhone 6 Plus
Quote:
Originally Posted by beppe View Post
@ florence up to now I saw 3 avatars of yours. la poule, Anatole and the prize winner visage 1.

Open a boutique?
Actually, the thought occurred to me... I have a few more candidates, mostly designs I created for a t-shirts shop I have on Zazzle. But of course they would be free for my MR friends
FlorenceArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 AM   #143
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Well guys it is over. I hope we can all go back to being friends.

Congrats on the win florence. It was well deserved, but we should have seen it coming. WT's name ends in sharpe and your masterpiece was probably drawn with a sharpie.

Lots of love...

By the way, Tom told me he was doing this again next week. Get your bribe money ready people. I am not going down without a fight!
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 09:53 AM   #144
beppe
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Actually, the thought occurred to me... I have a few more candidates, mostly designs I created for a t-shirts shop I have on Zazzle. But of course they would be free for my MR friends
Great stuff. Molto brava!
(I arrived there through your link)
Old 06-07-2010, 09:57 AM   #145
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
so let's be clear about this, this was the election of the June Avatar ?

so we shall start again, before the month is out , for July !?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:03 AM   #146
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
so let's be clear about this, this was the election of the June Avatar ?

so we shall start again, before the month is out , for July !?
Methinks Mr. Sharpe really really wanted Alfalfa to win, or Shem! So another round of madness & bribery & tag wars & threats, errrmmm, another campaign & election!
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 12:13 PM   #147
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

For all we know he could be creating a coalition of avatars ....
Old 06-07-2010, 12:56 PM   #148
dsvick
Wizard
dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsvick ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-900
I like it - can we get a set of features to add to it like a Mr Potato head?
dsvick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 01:07 PM   #149
GeoffC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post

an interactive AV where we can scribble additions day by day ....
Old 06-07-2010, 01:33 PM   #150
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsvick View Post
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
! vote 12 !, !#12 should get your vote, #1 is the clear winner!, #12 it is!, 12 is the winner, 13 means lower taxes, don't waste a vote go #1, electionering spm, great contest wt! :), vote for number 13!!!