Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 04:51 AM   #1
ozk
ozk began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-700
Brand new 700... with brand new problems! :S

Hi Kidz! Well, I was VERY pleased with the results of my prs-700 (I promise my review soon! :-) but something did happen that make me participate sooner than later: during a typical freeze of the windows (vista) during the sync of the reader, since then, the sony soft to sync just stopped working at all (I reinstall it but nothing happens... well, yes, it seems to be an active task in the system, but you dont see the GUI of the soft) I can sync with calibre, but since then, the books I upload to the 700, load slower (they load, but slower!!!) What could be the problem of the sony soft? How could I solve it? Should I reformat/reset the unit? (you know, the device its behaiving a little funky since then... its not that speed, and even the metadata does not load... maybe due the calibre I guess?) So please, if any have any leads, Ill gonna thank you SO much!!!
ozk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 05:36 AM   #2
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

taken from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29796

For Vista Uninstall it
then Delete the following folders
C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your Connect Reader software from:
http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:12 PM   #3
ozk
ozk began at the beginning.

Mr.Capone, the people should know your methods worked out just fine!!! (you certainly know your business ;-) Seriously, it worked out just fine!
ozk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2009, 11:45 AM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andybaby View Post
taken from https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29796

For Vista Uninstall it
then Delete the following folders
C:\ProgramData\kinoma
C:\ProgramData\Marlin
C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library
C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Sony Corporation
C:\Users\%usernam%\AppData\Local\kinoma

After doing so, reinstall your Connect Reader software from:
http://ebooks.connect.com/downloadclient.html
Andybaby, could you please verify me the location of the eBook Library, mine is located at
C:\Users\%username%\Documents\My Books\eBook Library.

I ask this because I am making a separate post on this topic and it may also go the the WIKI. Is file C:\Program Files\Sony\eBook Library used in Vista or leftover from an older version of eBook Library or somewhere else??? Your help would be appreciated.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 01-17-2009 at 11:58 AM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 08:56 AM   #5
dhbailey
Guru
dhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enoughdhbailey will become famous soon enough

Device: HP iPAQ211 / PRS 500, 700 and 505
On my Vista64 computer, the program installed into C:\Program Files(x86)\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\eBook Library.exe

The library of purchased books is at: Documents\MyBooks\eBook Library\
dhbailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2009, 05:40 PM   #6
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhbailey View Post
On my Vista64 computer, the program installed into C:\Program Files(x86)\Sony\Reader\Data\bin\eBook Library.exe

The library of purchased books is at: Documents\MyBooks\eBook Library\
Thanks dhbailey, my Vista32 keeps them in the same location (with the exception of the x86 qualification)
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 08:40 PM   #7
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

i Use XP so i dont know. its a repost of a repost i Made months ago.
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote