Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 03-24-2014, 09:48 AM   #16
GoSharks
SQUIRREL!!
GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GoSharks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K-Fire, PW2, PW3
How about me?! I gave useless drivel that took up space!!!
GoSharks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:02 AM   #17
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Yeah, but it COULD have been relevant. You should still get points.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 10:19 AM   #18
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
Yeah, but it COULD have been relevant. You should still get points.
Ok.. You both get a virtual ceegar...

As far as DiapDealer's ASIN comment, I just looked at 'Edit Metadata' and didn't see any ASIN. Obviously it doesn't show up there. Any *easy* place to check for ASIN? Though using Fix ASIN isn't a big deal.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #19
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Any *easy* place to check for ASIN? Though using Fix ASIN isn't a big deal.
That's probably as easy as anything. I think there was another metadata editor floating around somewhere, but other than that … you're probably looking at MobiPerl's mobi2mobi.

**lights up the virtual ceegar (that he imagines is an Isla del Sol from Drew Estates -- or maybe an Acid Kuba Kuba)**
Old 03-24-2014, 02:41 PM   #20
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Quote:
What? I get nothing for my extremely helpful, erudite and concise "something ... something ... ASIN" advice?
Well, yeah, I kinda stole your thunder by providing actual directions.

You can have the cigar if you like, I don't smoke.

EDIT: Didn't notice there was another page. Enjoy your cigar.

@jgaiser Quality Check also has an individual Check for missing ASIN option. But it doesn't tell you what the current ASIN is. calibre will set the ASIN as identifier(mobi-asin) when you import a mobi7/8 book though.

Last edited by eschwartz; 03-24-2014 at 04:07 PM.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 06:15 PM   #21
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer

I only smoke virtually. And even then, only cigars.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:13 PM   #22
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
It's a slippery slope.
Old 03-24-2014, 07:52 PM   #23
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Cell Phone & Amazon Fires & Kobo eReaders
Well Your ALL wrong LOL Just use Calibre to put the books into AWZ format then they will ALL go under Books on the Fire simple!
Barbara1955 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 08:08 PM   #24
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie1 View Post
Well Your ALL wrong LOL Just use Calibre to put the books into AWZ format then they will ALL go under Books on the Fire simple!
AZW is a renamed MOBI.

While it is possible .mobi books work differently from .azw3 books in this regard, that does not mean anyone should be using an obsolete format which does not support many of the features which recent books will use.

For instance, embedded fonts. I don't like them, but some people do; there is even a case or two in which I would be forced to agree embedded fonts are good.

Also, MOBI books use different rendering that is nowhere near as smooth as AZW3 on my e-ink Kindle. For example, alignment is far more erratic, and em-dashes do not split across lines. Using search, some words in the results list arbitrarily lack separating spaces.
Old 03-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #25
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Sorry. That does not necessarily work. Believe me, that was one of my biggest frustrations.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2014, 11:06 PM   #26
Barbara1955
Non-Techy
Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barbara1955 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
AZW is a renamed MOBI.

While it is possible .mobi books work differently from .azw3 books in this regard, that does not mean anyone should be using an obsolete format which does not support many of the features which recent books will use.

For instance, embedded fonts. I don't like them, but some people do; there is even a case or two in which I would be forced to agree embedded fonts are good.

Also, MOBI books use different rendering that is nowhere near as smooth as AZW3 on my e-ink Kindle. For example, alignment is far more erratic, and em-dashes do not split across lines. Using search, some words in the results list arbitrarily lack separating spaces.

What ever BUT 90% of MOBI WILL End up in DOCs IF YOU want them under BOOK use AWZ.. then 100% Will go where You want them simple!
Old 03-24-2014, 11:09 PM   #27
Barbara1955
Non-Techy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgaiser View Post
Sorry. That does not necessarily work. Believe me, that was one of my biggest frustrations.

Does 100% of the time on my Fire HD... its over a yr old & 400 books of the 420 I have are NOT from Amazon
Old 03-25-2014, 12:05 AM   #28
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie

Quote:
What ever BUT 90% of MOBI WILL End up in DOCs IF YOU want them under BOOK use AWZ.. then 100% Will go where You want them simple!
There is no such thing as an AWZ, I assumed you had mistyped.

Quote:
Does 100% of the time on my Fire HD... its over a yr old & 400 books of the 420 I have are NOT from Amazon
And since this success cannot be duplicated, it doesn't matter. Apparently you are very lucky.

The important thing is, we found a solution, it works guaranteed, everyone is happy.

Old 03-26-2014, 08:23 PM   #29
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I prefer dried banana peels
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote