Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 03-09-2014, 03:54 PM   #1
UADWIT
UADWIT began at the beginning.

Device: none
Lost iTunes option in Connection menu

I work with Calibre 1.17 on mac book pro with OS X version 10.9.2 running iTunes 11.1.5 (5) 64 bits and iBooks 1.01 (281)

I used to have an option in Calibre to connect to iTunes by which I sent the books to iTunes. And by that get the ebooks on my iPad. However iTunes no longer holds the e-books but uses the program iBooks.

I assume the disappearance of the option to connect to iTunes has to do with this change.
But iBooks causes errors using with the large collection I have (more than 12.500 books).

Is there another way to connect with iTunes, and by that still use Calibre as the source / sending mechanism to get my ebooks on my iPad ?
I like the calibre program and would like to keep using it.

Andre
UADWIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
See the sticky topic OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) + iBooks in this subforum.

As noted in the sticky, I would recommend Marvin as your ePub reader on iOS.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ibooks, itunes