Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 08-15-2013, 06:38 AM   #1
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

Device: Kindle 1
Any way to (de)register a Kindle 1 outside of US?

I have a Kindle 1. It works and everything but I live in Sweden... is there any way to somehow register it on Amazon and/or deregister the device?

It *looks like* Amazon has removed the 'register by serial' option from the Manage My Kindle page a while ago. Or at least I can't seem to be able to find it.

The device refuses to deregister without wireless.
KTamas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:11 AM   #2
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
I guess the easiest option is to contact Amazon CS.

But since you don't seem to have 3G coverage anyway, so the device can't communicate - what's the point of changing its registration status?
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 AM   #3
KTamas
Enthusiast
KTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with othersKTamas plays well with others

that'd be cosmetic.

registering the device in amazon's system would be much more useful as I'd be able to put books on the device without breaking the DRM and converting KF8 books back to 'old' mobi.

I'll contact amazon and ask them...

Last edited by KTamas; 08-15-2013 at 07:15 AM.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:29 AM   #4
KTamas
Enthusiast

aaaand bingo! Amazon CS registered my Kindle. Awesome. Thanks. So simple and I haven't thought of this...
Old 08-15-2013, 07:34 AM   #5
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:12 AM   #6
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas View Post
that'd be cosmetic.

registering the device in amazon's system would be much more useful as I'd be able to put books on the device without breaking the DRM and converting KF8 books back to 'old' mobi.

I'll contact amazon and ask them...
But the k1 doesn't even support kf8
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 05:23 AM   #7
KTamas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya3098 View Post
But the k1 doesn't even support kf8
Yes, I know. So?
Old 08-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #8
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTamas View Post
Yes, I know. So?
"as I'd be able to put books on the device without breaking the DRM and converting KF8 books back to 'old' mobi."

He simply was referring to that.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 08:15 AM   #9
KTamas
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post
"as I'd be able to put books on the device without breaking the DRM and converting KF8 books back to 'old' mobi."

Right
Old 08-18-2013, 08:29 AM   #10
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twobob View Post

As the Kindle is now registered with his Amazon account, he can download from Amazon for that Kindle, and Amazon will handle any conversion to the older Mobipocket format needed.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:31 AM   #11
twobob
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°){ʇlnɐɟ ƃǝs}Týr
twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.twobob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: uti gratia usura (Yao ying da ying; Mo ying da yieng)
Device: PW-WIFI|K5-3G+WIFI| K4|K3-3G|DXG|K2| Rooted Nook Touch
Very good point.
twobob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kindle 1, kindle 1st gen, kindle1