Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-24-2012, 02:10 PM   #1
Syx
Syx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
[Old Thread] Strange Calibre portable Issue

Hello,
i have a strange issue in Calibre portable > 0.9.0, in 0.8.x i don't have the problem.

Context :
i use Calibre for manage my comcis/bs/manga collection, when i import a new comix the first image became the cover.
My calibre installation are placed on my NAS and i execute calibre from my cifs share.

extension type : pdf, cbr and cbz

Problem :
if i add a new book just after upgrade the cover generation i ok. but if i close Calibre and re-execute then the generation of cover failed. (and the fix cover in edit metadata don't work too).
in debug mode i have this error :
calibre Journal de débogage
calibre 0.9.3 Portable
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.3
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Starting up...
Key u'A' for shortcut Ajouter des fichiers aux références de livres selectionnées is already used by Ajouter des livres, ignoring
Key u'F3' for shortcut Aller à l’article précédent is already used by Aller à la prochaine correspondance, ignoring
Key u'Alt+T' for shortcut Basculer Navigateur d’étiquettes is already used by Livres avec les mêmes étiquettes, ignoring
Key u'Ctrl+F' for shortcut Lancer la recherche is already used by Recherche avancée, ignoring
Key u'Alt+S' for shortcut Lancer la recherche is already used by Livres dans cette série, ignoring
Started up in 23.78 seconds with 3595 books
Worker Launch took: 0.34299993515
Job: 1 Read metadata (0 of 1) finished
Read metadata (0 of 1)

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 3362, in create_book_entry
File "site-packages\calibre\library\database2.py", line 1169, in set_cover
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\draw.py", line 71, in save_cover_data_to
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\draw.py", line 20, in _data_to_image
File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\__init__.py", line 132, in load
Exception: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/360
Added 1234 to db in: 6.39600014687 seconds

if i re-install Calibre the first execution work but all other don't generate cover ... is really strange
Someone have the same problem ? and maybe a solution ?

thanks (and sorry for horrible English )
Syx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:06 PM   #2
Syx
Syx began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
i investigate and i found a workaround : add Dlls folder to the path and Calibre and include tools get the good dll (ie: imagemagick).

but i don't know why calibre 0.8.X working fine without this workaround ...
Syx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2012, 11:08 PM   #3
rdahljr
rdahljr began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Can you be specific, what path did you add the dlls to and which DLLs did you add?

Thanks
rdahljr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #4
BostonPeng
BostonPeng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-T615C
I'd like to get the answer to this one as well. I fell in love with Calibre as my ebook reader back when I was a Linux user but that laptop died so I'm having to run Calibre portable on a laptop from my local library. This glitch is keeping me from creating covers for some ebooks I can't find covers for anywhere.
BostonPeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonPeng View Post
I'd like to get the answer to this one as well. I fell in love with Calibre as my ebook reader back when I was a Linux user but that laptop died so I'm having to run Calibre portable on a laptop from my local library. This glitch is keeping me from creating covers for some ebooks I can't find covers for anywhere.
This is a really old thread and you told us nothing useful to allow help.
What version Calibre?

Public Library computers may be somewhat locked down.

Post the EXACT (as in copy/paste) error message you get
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 11:23 AM   #6
BostonPeng
BostonPeng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Clie PEG-T615C
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
This is a really old thread and you told us nothing useful to allow help.
What version Calibre?

Public Library computers may be somewhat locked down.

Post the EXACT (as in copy/paste) error message you get
Sorry, I had a brain cramp and didn't notice the age of the thread. The library laptop's locked down a bit but I can run Calibre Portable with no problem other than this one. I'm running Calibre Portable 1.36.0 and the error message I got was
Code:
calibre 1.36 Portable isfrozen: True is64bit: False
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('32bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\metadata\basic_widgets.py", line 1037, in generate_cover
  File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\__init__.py", line 215, in calibre_cover
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\draw.py", line 265, in create_cover_page
  File "site-packages\calibre\utils\magick\__init__.py", line 135, in load
Exception: no decode delegate for this image format `' @ error/blob.c/BlobToImage/360
I see the files Calibre is looking for and where they should go but I'm at a loss for what I need to download and install.
BostonPeng is offline   Reply With Quote