Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2012, 05:31 PM   #451
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by new View Post
You have a Galaxy Player? Which one? I am getting a 5" today or Monday. Is an older Android a bad thing like an older Apple or Windows software?
Have Galaxy Player 5.0 here, haven't had any troubles with the older Android OS, seems very stable, runs most apps fine. One app I have on my Note is not available for the Player, that is the USPS mobile app. Which is a pity, since I do a lot of shipping and it's great for checking cost, but such is life.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry over much about the older OS. It may eventually be a limitation, but currently not an issue.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 05:35 PM   #452
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If anyone catches a Cyber Monday deal for the Nexus 7, let us know! Office Depot is a 2.75 hour round trip drive. Likewise for most other stores, except Walmart. Our Sears closed down this year.
Old 11-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #453
MeSue
Geek in the Forest
MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MeSue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Air, iPhone 4s, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by xendula View Post
You'll like it! It's a cute little tablet. Check out the Google play store this weekend. They have a ton of apps and albums on sale. Quickoffice Pro is only .99 this weekend!!
I will! Can I grab apps before I have the device in my hands? I was going to wait to pick it up on Monday since I may have another errand that day and so I can see if a better cyberMonday deal comes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Congrats! I have to wait until Tuesday for delivery of mine. Most of the stores in the area are out of stock and I don't feel like driving 10-20 miles to stores that do have them.
I would have preferred delivery. It is about a 60-mile round trip for me, but if my husband's Guitar Center order comes in, I can hopefully do them both in one trip.
MeSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:22 PM   #454
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeSue View Post
I will! Can I grab apps before I have the device in my hands? I was going to wait to pick it up on Monday since I may have another errand that day and so I can see if a better cyberMonday deal comes up.

I would have preferred delivery. It is about a 60-mile round trip for me, but if my husband's Guitar Center order comes in, I can hopefully do them both in one trip.
I believe you can if you do something tricky like set up a virtual android session on your desktop, then use that to log into google.

The problem is, they also limit what you can buy based on what they think is compatible with your hardware (so does Amazon). So, even though you KNOW you'll have the hardware and it's compatible, they won't sell to you until you essentially register that device with your account.

But, you can get some access using a virtual desktop (including to the amazon android store).
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 07:42 PM   #455
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
For those of you who picked up an Android device this weekend:
Here is an interesting article on all the Google Play apps that are up to 90% off this weekend.
You don't need to have the device in hand. Just log in to the Google Play Store with an existing gmail account, link it to the Play Store, and you can start shopping

Quickoffice Pro – $0.99 (was $14.99) – [Google Play]
The Adventures of Tin Tin – $0.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
The Amazing Spider-Man – $0.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
BackStab – $0.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
Gangstar Rio: City of Saints – $0.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
Virtua Tennis Challenge – $1.99 (was $4.99) – [Google Play]
Sonic 4: Episode II – $2.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
BlackList Pro – $1.27 (was $3.49) – [Google Play]
Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom Sim – $0.99 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
Sparkle – $1.29 (was $2.39) – [Google Play]
Azkend – $0.99 (was $2.39) – [Google Play]
Need for Speed: Most Wanted – $4.99 (was $6.99) – [Google Play]
Wordplay Adfree – $2.56 (was $3.99) – [Google Play]
franco.Kernel Updater – $3.19 – [Google Play]
AccuWeather Platinum – $0.99 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
90Droid ExtremeFitness Tracker – $0.99 (was $3.49) – [Google Play]
My Backup Pro – $2.99 (was $4.99) – [Google Play]
Moodagent – $0.99 (was $5.20) – [Google Play]
Droid Scan Pro PDF – $2.25 (was $4.49) – [Google Play]
Glowfly – $0.99 – [Google Play]
EnbornX – $0.99 (was $1.93) – [Google Play]
SwiftKey 3 Keyboard – $1.99 (was $3.99) – [Google Play]
Neuroshima Hex – $0.99 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
Startup Manager – $1.49 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
SplashID Safe – $4.99 (was $9.99) – [Google Play]
Wisp – $0.99 (was $2.84) – [Google Play]
Smart RAM Booster Pro – $1.27 (was $2.56) – [Google Play]
Memory Booster – $1.49 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
Spirit HD – $1.49 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
TileStorm HD – $1.99 (was $3.99) – [Google Play]
Aftermath XHD – $2.99 (was $5.99) – [Google Play]
Jump Desktop (RDP & VNC) – $4.99 (was $9.99) – [Google Play]
RoByte – Remote for Roku – $0.99 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
DocumentsToGo – $8.95 (was $14.95) – [Google Play]
Goodnight Moon – $0.99 (was $4.99) – [Google Play]
Reddit Sync Pro – $1.00 (was $1.99) – [Google Play]
Ground Effect Pro HD – $1.99 (was $3.99) – [Google Play]
Hard Lines HD – $1.49 (was $2.99) – [Google Play]
Navigon USA – $24.95 (was $49.95) – [Google Play]
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #456
koland
Grand Sorcerer
koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.koland ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle(all), nook, nookcolor, Sony, Kobo, epic, iphone, iPad, pc
It's been my experience with the Google Play store that if you haven't logged in on a device that is "compatible" (ie, available for sale, even though other versions might work, but are banned from that device), then google won't sell you the app. In order to buy anything, I have to pick one of my devices and let google remote install it.

Amazon requires you to have at least one device registered, but will (or at least, used to) let you buy an app that isn't compatible with the registered devices.
koland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 08:55 PM   #457
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
For those of you who picked up an Android device this weekend:
Here is an interesting article on all the Google Play apps that are up to 90% off this weekend.

SwiftKey 3 Keyboard – $1.99 (was $3.99) – [Google Play]
I highly recommend this Keyboard app. It has the best auto correct I've seen on one. Making typing much easier.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:10 PM   #458
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
I highly recommend this Keyboard app. It has the best auto correct I've seen on one. Making typing much easier.
I have heard nothing but good things about Swift Key. If you switch devices, you still have access to all your compatible Android apps, right? If you own the tablet app, can you install the phone version if you get an android phone later?

I am thinking that should be the case, but would appreciate it if someone could confirm.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #459
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
I have heard nothing but good things about Swift Key. If you switch devices, you still have access to all your compatible Android apps, right? If you own the tablet app, can you install the phone version if you get an android phone later?

I am thinking that should be the case, but would appreciate it if someone could confirm.
Usually you have to buy each version. The Tablet is always more than the regular app in most cases.

But once you buy the app you can put it on any device. The app is linked to your google account.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:17 PM   #460
xendula
eBookworm

Thanks, Blossom. That is a bit different than with iOS, then, where for most apps, if you buy an iPad app, no separate purchase is necessary for the iPod/iPhone version.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #461
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by graycyn View Post
Have Galaxy Player 5.0 here, haven't had any troubles with the older Android OS, seems very stable, runs most apps fine. One app I have on my Note is not available for the Player, that is the USPS mobile app. Which is a pity, since I do a lot of shipping and it's great for checking cost, but such is life.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry over much about the older OS. It may eventually be a limitation, but currently not an issue.
Thanks.

I posted this on the Android section, but I have a Mac. I just got the SGP5 today and haven't opened it yet, as the back of the box says compatible with Windows. No mention of Apple products. Their website doesn't say so I haven't opened yet. One opinion on Android section here is should be okay. Anyone have a Mac and SGP5 here? I am anxious to open it up and start playing.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 PM   #462
new
K3, K4B, KDX, KFHD, PW1&2
new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.new ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4B, KDX3G, KFHD, PW1, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Oh boy I am on information overload. So many apps and so many choices. I sure hope it is all going to play with the Mac.
new is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 09:46 PM   #463
graycyn
Wizard

Another good keyboard is SlideIT if you like swype style typing. But I don't think the predictive text is as good as with Swiftkey.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #464
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Cyber Monday is almost here and I've started prepping the OP. As ads become available, I'll post them.

Hope you guys are having a great Thanksgiving weekend and a positive Black Friday experience.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 10:02 PM   #465
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fbone View Post
Have we seen Cyber Monday sales yet?
They should be appearing shortly. I'll post them in the OP as they become available.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote