Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 11-22-2012, 12:34 PM   #22246
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Today is the opposite of fasting day for most people in the US

Oolong tea
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 03:34 PM   #22247
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Happy USA Thanksgiving. I'm ignoring the TV and popping in and out, as our dinner will not be until this evening.

Betty, glad things are settling down and the family is still all around. {hugs}

desertblues, what a life, traveling the Nile and getting to explore all those places. It is one place I have always wanted to visit, but never quite made it there. I was always out voted for that trip choice.

Charlie - even though you don't have a holiday today, have a great workday.

Stitchawl, I think I was the one having tomato soup in my cup, but love it with a whole package of crumbled up crackers too. In fact, since dinner is hours from now, I am going to make tomato soup for my cup right now.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 05:03 PM   #22248
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Guinness at the feast, now slurping Pepsi One with lots of ice. Contemplating some amaretto rooibos.

Betty: glad you're with family today. Still sending "hogs & quiches" your way.

Charlie: break out the Ardbeg.

dreams:

db: insanely jealous - Egypt is on my list of "must see before I die"

deams: lots of leftovers here if you need a snack before dinner
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 07:00 PM   #22249
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
@dreams: Not Ardbeg tonight. It's Pizza tonight, so obviously that calls for Champagne. In this case, a bottle of Pol Roger, I think.

But finishing off with:
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:17 PM   #22250
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Happy Thanksgiving to all those celebrating. And desertblues - keep safe and enjoy yourself (sound like you are).

Black coffee on a fasting day...
Fasting on Thanksgiving? That should be a sin even if you are in the UK which does not celebrate the American Holiday... still should be a sin!
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:37 PM   #22251
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
OH MY! Lagavulin! Sip it! Savor it! *faints*
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 10:45 PM   #22252
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
Happy Thanksgiving to all those here who are celebrating today! Black Friday sales in Canada are tempting me to no end, but I should be saving money right now... sweet temptation...

BTW the Kobo mini is $50 tomorrow at Chapters, for any who are interested!

I'm about to pour a cup of milk. Have a nice evening, everyone!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 01:49 AM   #22253
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
Happy Black Friday to those who will go out and face the madding crowd... I am SOOOO thankful I don't have to deal with that! Watching news videos of it is bad enough! But today IS a holiday here in Japan, 'Labor Thanksgiving Day,' where the workers of Japan give thanks to their employers for hiring them... "Thank you boss, for "karoshi!"

I went downtown today for some exercise and to pick up a few tins of Ahmad "English Breakfast" tea, which was on sale for about $7 USD for a 200g tin. The more of this I drink, the more I like it!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 02:12 AM   #22254
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
Thanks for the offer of leftovers pooh, but I survived... barely. It was a nice gathering and very enjoyable. I came home with my over-tired, over-sugared 4 year old and 6 year old nieces. They get to stay the night with me as mom and grandma go Black Friday shopping tonight and tomorrow.

Charlie.... Lagavulin, nice. Sweetly savor the flavor. Do you warm it slightly like a B&B (Bénédictine and Brandy) before drinking?

Stitchawl - seriously? That really is a holiday? I know we have a Boss' Day, but it is not a holiday.
Quote:
Boss's Day is a secular holiday celebrated on October 16 in the United States and Canada. It has traditionally been a day for employees to thank their bosses for being kind and fair throughout the year.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:24 AM   #22255
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Coke Zero #1.

I'm glad we didn't have a feast yesterday — I'm trying to get my weight down! The dancing has been helping. A Scottish workshop all Saturday, an evening on Monday (Scottish), Wednesday (English) and yesterday (Ballroom class and Scottish demo practice). Wow.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 03:38 AM   #22256
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Stitchawl - seriously? That really is a holiday? I know we have a Boss' Day, but it is not a holiday.
I am completely serious. Schools are closed, banks are closed... It's a real holiday and it's called Labor Thanksgiving Day. And as the average Japanese worker usually works 2 hours a day (every day) overtime without pay (and remember... that's an average so many people work much more!) people here joke that it's thanking the boss for letting them work themselves to death!
Actual death from overwork (karoshi) is not uncommon here...

Stitchawl
Old 11-23-2012, 06:12 AM   #22257
wannabee
Media Bloke
wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wannabee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
I am completely serious. Schools are closed, banks are closed... It's a real holiday and it's called Labor Thanksgiving Day. And as the average Japanese worker usually works 2 hours a day (every day) overtime without pay (and remember... that's an average so many people work much more!) people here joke that it's thanking the boss for letting them work themselves to death!
Actual death from overwork (karoshi) is not uncommon here...

Stitchawl
So everyone has a day to thank their boss for the work they have and it's celebrated by not working!
Time for some more vanilla rooibos.
wannabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 06:28 AM   #22258
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee View Post
So everyone has a day to thank their boss for the work they have and it's celebrated by not working!
Hey, if it makes sense to you, it's not Japanese!

Stitchawl
Old 11-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #22259
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
At work (sigh) I decided to sleep in an extra hour. This was for the benefit of Lucas and my Husband. Lucas did his normal wake up between 3-5 am thing, not needing to be feed but not wanting to sleep in his crib thing. So Lucas came in and slept on Mommy (which Mommy knows is bad but she loves to cuddle with her little guy and really doesn't like spending an hour getting him to sleep at 4 am because she wants to sleep and she knows that no child goes to college still sleeping with his Mommy so she siad screw it ages ago and takes the kid into bed with her). Lucas was sleeping at 5:30, my normal wake up time, so I decided he needed sleep and stayed in bed. This of course allowed my Husband to stay in bed longer, which is good for him.

So now I am at work a bit late, eating oatmeal. I have finished my box of chocolate milk and have a cup of good Sencha next to me. It is going to be a quiet day. I am hoping to knock out a draft of a product and then hit the gym.

The Doctor suggested I lose 20 pounds (I saw her a few days before my period so I was a bit more water logged. It has nothing to do with Halloween candy and the lack of working out for a month) so I am trying to get to the gym for an hour a day 5 days a week. It actually isn't that hard, Lucas' day care is near my gym so I go to the gym, do 30 minutes on the elliptical and 30 minutes of weights, take a shower, pick up Lucas.

I am already down three pounds without going the fasting or really small calorie route (I am aiming for 1,500 calories a day including what I burn off at the gym. Tracking my food intake and exercise at the Live Strong site, I can access it at work and on my IPad so it is easy to be good about entering food. The tracking helps me to second guess that thing of french fries or the bag of chips.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #22260
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
OH MY! Lagavulin! Sip it! Savor it! *faints*
Oh, I do, I do...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
Charlie.... Lagavulin, nice. Sweetly savor the flavor. Do you warm it slightly like a B&B (Bénédictine and Brandy) before drinking?
Nope. Just pour into my Waterford double old fashioned glass, add 2 drops of water, no more, and sip. Ahhhhhhh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
Hey, if it makes sense to you, it's not Japanese!
Stitchawl
I worked at a Toyota managed company for 10 years. That is absolutely true, in ways that no one who hasn't can imagine.

Peet's Anniversary Breakfast Blend.
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?