Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-17-2012, 07:51 PM   #181
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2o
Figured it out.

Last edited by MorganM; 03-17-2012 at 08:00 PM.
MorganM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:06 PM   #182
MorganM
Fanatic
MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MorganM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I noticed in the tweaks something called *enable shelves but be careful as it might corrupt your databas* Has anyone enabled it with no probs?
Old 03-18-2012, 07:12 PM   #183
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch
Just to not create another posting, a second edit.

What would be very nice:

Reading Menu: Have the buttons left of the original buttons instead of right of them (if possible - or even better, if you could decide where to put which button). And a Power Off button, too (but I think I wrote that already ).

Home Menu: Being able to turn off the shelves entry even if shelves were enabled. Also it would be fantastic if there was a way to decide the order of the displayed items (I found it rather strange that the sleep button is the lowermost, not the power off button - not that it's that important. )

Library Menu: I enabled the custom menu and now I can't see the Previews entry - but at least nor Shelves and no News&Mags, which is fine for now. But it would be fantastic if that would be completed.

If only I could get rid of the "Translate Button", too. That one is really annoying if I hit it accidentally.

Last edited by Jaden; 03-19-2012 at 01:37 AM.
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 01:24 AM   #184
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
I noticed in the tweaks something called *enable shelves but be careful as it might corrupt your databas* Has anyone enabled it with no probs?
Until today I had no problems. But then I had to do a factory reset because of some Kobo epub problem (epubs updated and could not be opened anymore).

After I thought I didn't need to enable the shelves again because I hadn't used them much, anyway. But they were still in the library menue and when I clicked on it, there was a shelve with two books in it (I didn't put them there).

I tried to delete that shelf which resulted in my Kobo freezing. I could do a reset but after that the touch screen didn't respond anymore, and neither did the home button or power button.

After resetting several times with no change I had to force a factory reset by holding the home button and pressing the reset button in the back (didn't know it worked that way, but hoped it would).

I think I'll rather not enable the shelves again. Don't really care for another factory reset. Took me some hours to resolve the matter and get my Kobo working again.
Old 03-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #185
ah-
Connoisseur
ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.ah- knows the square root of minus one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Just to not create another posting, a second edit.

What would be very nice:

Reading Menu: Have the buttons left of the original buttons instead of right of them (if possible - or even better, if you could decide where to put which button). And a Power Off button, too (but I think I wrote that already ).
Well yes that makes sense. I added it to the wish list.

Quote:
Home Menu: Being able to turn off the shelves entry even if shelves were enabled. Also it would be fantastic if there was a way to decide the order of the displayed items (I found it rather strange that the sleep button is the lowermost, not the power off button - not that it's that important. )
I think you can do that already by manually editing the ini file. I wanted to keep things simple so there's no GUI option for that.

Quote:
Library Menu: I enabled the custom menu and now I can't see the Previews entry - but at least nor Shelves and no News&Mags, which is fine for now. But it would be fantastic if that would be completed.

If only I could get rid of the "Translate Button", too. That one is really annoying if I hit it accidentally.

ah- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 07:09 PM   #186
Jaden
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
Well yes that makes sense. I added it to the wish list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
I think you can do that already by manually editing the ini file. I wanted to keep things simple so there's no GUI option for that.
I can turn off the shelves, yes. But can't change the order, or can I?

And I already like the Library Menu (without the News&Mags) better. But is there a way to enable previews or will that be added?

The plugin is really fantastic.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:13 PM   #187
touring
Connoisseur
touring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Jus wondering if there is somewhere that describes exactly what the plugin is supposed to do?
I have looked at its website, googled, and searched on here but with no luck
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 03:16 AM   #188
MorganM
Fanatic

Hi,

I have the latest KT firmware update on my own KT and I added the tweaks to my KT a couple of days ago. I followed the instructions and after hitting library and returning to the home screen the tweaks had worked.

For some reason after my KT has been turned off for a long period of time the tweaks plugin disappears. I re added it yesterday and I just turned my KT on not long ago and it has disappeared again!

I checked the .kobo file and it's not even in there anymore. What could have happened???
Old 03-20-2012, 08:59 AM   #189
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
The Tweaks "disappear" when the Kobo power off; as long as your unit only goes to sleep and does not power off, the Tweaks will remain active.

If you it does power down, you will have to reactivate them; ie, go to the Library view again.

When the Tweaks are installed initially, the files get moved from the .kobo directory to the "hidden" side of the Kobo and you can't see the files any more; they ARE there still though (and will work), just hidden from sight.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 09:14 AM   #190
MorganM
Fanatic

Ok thanks. Does keeping it on sleep all the time drain the battery or is that not a prob with the KT?
Old 03-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #191
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sleep mode should not cause any significant battery drain.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:40 AM   #192
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
Sleep mode should not cause any significant battery drain.
Significant battery drain is relative. I have had the KT about one week in sleep mode after reading (also in airplane mode, no SD card), then I had to reload. With always shutting down, my KT runs three weeks until now - and I'm reading at least 2 hours a day (with refresh every page turn).

Last edited by Koboyashi; 03-20-2012 at 03:55 PM.
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2012, 02:54 PM   #193
Jaden
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorganM View Post
Ok thanks. Does keeping it on sleep all the time drain the battery or is that not a prob with the KT?
I'm about to test that now.

When powering off the device after at most an hour, my Kobo battery lasted about 2800 page turns (with refresh after 6 pages). I do look up words quite frequently, though, but don't use WiFi.

That was about 20 days or so.

Now I'm going to let the device sleep and see how much that affects battery life.
Old 03-22-2012, 06:21 PM   #194
touring
Connoisseur
touring began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara
Quote:
Originally Posted by touring View Post
Jus wondering if there is somewhere that describes exactly what the plugin is supposed to do?
I guess everyone is far too busy coding to answer a simple question about functionality
touring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 06:58 PM   #195
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer

All the plugin does is to add some extra menu options, and remove some.

While yes, it does offer some shelf support, this is actually just enabling support that Kobo has partially added to the Touch.

Why not just install it and see if you like it or not.