Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 12-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #91
0utis
Enthusiast
0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.0utis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, Pocketbook 902
I've just upgraded my 902 to the 2.0.3 version posted here. The dictionary is acting weirdly. Before, once the cursor was started, I could choose whole words. Right now, it selects letters or part of words, I am attaching a screenshot. This only happens with pdfs, it works fine with epub files.
0utis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2010, 02:22 PM   #92
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0utis View Post
I've just upgraded my 902 to the 2.0.3 version posted here. The dictionary is acting weirdly. Before, once the cursor was started, I could choose whole words. Right now, it selects letters or part of words, I am attaching a screenshot. This only happens with pdfs, it works fine with epub files.
thanks, we will have a look at this
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:57 AM   #93
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Czech Text-Speek

Hi, after upgrade firmware my PB 902 to 2.03 (EUR - downloaded from here:
http://www.pocketbook.de/support/pocketbook-902), I'm would install Czech version Speek-Text file.
Go ahead be exactly according to instruction, despite discovers message:
"Nelze spustit program"=" It is impossible run program".
Will appear it at the moment of, when may I have open file with suffix .pbi.
Can You help me?
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 01:55 PM   #94
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty63 View Post
Hi, after upgrade firmware my PB 902 to 2.03 (EUR - downloaded from here:
http://www.pocketbook.de/support/pocketbook-902), I'm would install Czech version Speek-Text file.
Go ahead be exactly according to instruction, despite discovers message:
"Nelze spustit program"=" It is impossible run program".
Will appear it at the moment of, when may I have open file with suffix .pbi.
Can You help me?
We will check that. Probably the czech TTS file is defective.
Old 12-27-2010, 02:31 PM   #95
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
I can confirm the problem with the Czech TTS. The same behaviour here. Besides, I cannot remove the old TTS - removing packages doesn't work (firmware 2.0.3 EURO). When I try to open "removing packages" page, the green led blinks and nothing more happens.
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 03:19 AM   #96
KarlM
KarlM began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Pro 602
I have a new Pocketbook Pro 602. I cannot connect to my home wireless. I had this problem both before and after upgrading to the latest firmware (2.0.3 2010-12-14)

Even when i disable security on the wireless network the 602 will not connect.

It displays "Network error" and the "more details" reveals that the line
/sbin/ifconfig eth0 up
has the error
ifconfig: SIOCGIFFLAGS: No such device

repeated 6 times

Any clues?
KarlM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:48 AM   #97
LoneTech
Zealot
LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.LoneTech knows the square root of minus one.

Device: PocketBook Pro 903
New devices are seeing hangs in the library (metadata collection?) code. One seems related to long filenames.
LoneTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 08:37 PM   #98
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
I can make notes on PDF files that have index. They are shown in the notes section, or accesing the file directly.

But for some PDF's files, you can add the note, but do not apper on the notes section on main menu. You have to connect the PB902 to the computer, search file structure up to notes and then find the notes as images.

NO Personal annotations...

PB please fix this in next FW update??

thanks!
skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 11:15 AM   #99
tomhck
Enthusiast
tomhck began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook 902
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtravellerh View Post
We will check that. Probably the czech TTS file is defective.
I've just tried Chinese Mandarin (China), female TTS. No luck… "Cannot start program". PB 902, firmware 2.0.3 EURO. But as i wrote in previous post, i'm unable to remove old packages. Maybe this is the reason?
tomhck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 01:11 PM   #100
marty63
Enthusiast
marty63 doesn't littermarty63 doesn't litter

Device: PocketBook Pro 902
Install TSS

Perhaps No. Take out I'm all TSS, tried to install other language - without success.
marty63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 10:35 PM   #101
jsmith65
jsmith65 began at the beginning.

Device: PB 902, Nook
PB 902 Bug

I have a Pocketbook 902 and really enjoy it. I have updated its firmware to 2.0.3 NA. However, there are 2 things that I am concerned about:
1/ I have set orientation to "Portrait", so I believe that disabled the G-sensor. However, when I turn my PB around (like one would do if he has orientation set to "Automatic"), the green LED flashes, so I think the G-sensor might be still working, which, if true, will drain my battery unnecessarily.

2/ After I leave the pocketbook on the table for about 5 minutes, when picking it up and turning it around as described above, I would hear the speakers "pop" whenever the LED flashes green light. This would disappear once I press any button.
Except for these two issues, it is an exceptional device, and I would appreciate if these could be fixed soon.

Thanks.
jsmith65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 AM   #102
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith65 View Post
I have a Pocketbook 902 and really enjoy it. I have updated its firmware to 2.0.3 NA. However, there are 2 things that I am concerned about:
1/ I have set orientation to "Portrait", so I believe that disabled the G-sensor. However, when I turn my PB around (like one would do if he has orientation set to "Automatic"), the green LED flashes, so I think the G-sensor might be still working, which, if true, will drain my battery unnecessarily.

2/ After I leave the pocketbook on the table for about 5 minutes, when picking it up and turning it around as described above, I would hear the speakers "pop" whenever the LED flashes green light. This would disappear once I press any button.
Except for these two issues, it is an exceptional device, and I would appreciate if these could be fixed soon.

Thanks.
1/ The drain is absolutely minimal

2/ Anyone else? This is really strange
Old 01-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #103
Roos
Groupie
Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Roos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kindle Scribe, Phone
Quote:

That the drain is minimal, i can confirm, still running on 50% while using the 902 intensive from 25 November (Full) charge! That is reading, not having wifi on. It has been connected to PC for a couple of times, but not more then 10-15 minutes while transferring new logo's and/or books, and updating firmware.

About 2. I have never heard it, so maybe an isolated problem?
Roos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 12:24 PM   #104
skydive
Addict
skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.skydive knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Pocketbook 902 Ver 2.1.3, Virgin Nook STR & Rooted Nook Color CM7
No from my side

Quote:

skydive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 05:53 AM   #105
mtravellerh
book creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsmith65 View Post

Thanks.
The American service will contact you and we will replace the device. Still no idea where this is coming from, though.