Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 12-28-2011, 03:34 AM   #1
gladoscc
gladoscc began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Keyboard
Changing Kindle Keyboard Language

I have received a Kindle keyboard as a gift, however it is in Chinese. I do not speak chinese, and I can't figure out how to change the language.. Google only tells me how to change the language for Kindle PC software. Is it even possible?
gladoscc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 04:17 AM   #2
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 5.3.7
try this:
Code:
; DebugOn 
~ ChangeLocale en-US.utf8
; DebugOff
thomass is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 06:33 AM   #3
gladoscc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thomass View Post
try this:
Code:
; DebugOn 
; DebugOff
Sorry, but where would I enter that?
Old 12-28-2011, 11:03 AM   #4
thomass
Wizard
thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thomass ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

on home screen press 'Del' and write this line by line and press 'Enter' for each
Old 12-28-2011, 06:27 PM   #5
gladoscc

Quote:
on home screen press 'Del' and write this line by line and press 'Enter' for each
Nothing happens when I press del on home screen.
Advert
Old 12-28-2011, 07:25 PM   #6
sucah
Connoisseur
sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sucah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KK 3G, KT 3G, KPW, Odyssey HD, T1, 350, Glo, Mini, Aura HD, KPW2 3G
Just follow the instructions, make you Kindle keyboard ready on home screen, and press 'Del' and continue to presses the keyboard like the instructions.
sucah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2011, 06:56 AM   #7
gladoscc

Quote:
Originally Posted by sucah View Post
Just follow the instructions, make you Kindle keyboard ready on home screen, and press 'Del' and continue to presses the keyboard like the instructions.
Sorry, but how am I supposed to press the symbols like ' ; ' and ' ~ ' ?

EDIT: Apparently this is Duokan which is a Chinese OS for kindle?? How do I get amazon kindle?

Last edited by gladoscc; 12-29-2011 at 07:01 AM.
Old 12-29-2011, 02:47 PM   #8
thomass
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by gladoscc View Post
Sorry, but how am I supposed to press the symbols like ' ; ' and ' ~ ' ?
use the button "Sym"
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladoscc View Post
EDIT: Apparently this is Duokan which is a Chinese OS for kindle?? How do I get amazon kindle?
Reboot and press the button "Q" on the boot screen
Old 01-18-2012, 08:00 AM   #9
dshin4
dshin4 began at the beginning.

Device: kindle keyboard
How do you change language to Korean?

Quote:
try this:
Code:
; DebugOn 
; DebugOff
How do you change language to Korean on kindle keyboard if at all possible?
I'd appreciate any help.
Thanks.
Dan
dshin4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:16 AM   #10
patrickt
Wizard
patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.patrickt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite 4 X 2
I think it's become obvious that you should contact Kindle Customer Service.
patrickt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 08:52 AM   #11
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dshin4 View Post
How do you change language to Korean on kindle keyboard if at all possible?
The Kindle Keyboard supports Korean Hangul and Hanja characters in ebooks without any modification, however, the firmware doesn't offer IMEs for Asian languages.
I.e. you can read Korean books, but you cannot search for Korean words or use the instant dictionary lookup, because you cannot enter Korean characters.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote