Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-05-2011, 03:28 PM   #1
jmickey
jmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litter

Device: Skytex Primer
Isbn output

Hello again;
I'm back to pester everyone again today. My 1st problem resolved now problem 2.
The book is one I created from my graphics using calibre.
In Calbre's edit mettadata window there is a space for isbn number, and in the conversion window there is an edit mettadata pane, but it has no place for the isbn. When I create an epub book in calibre with the option include mettadata as page at start of book how do I get calibre to output the isbn to that page as well as author and title and date?
Thanks in advance for any help.
jmickey
jmickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 05:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickey View Post
Hello again;
I'm back to pester everyone again today. My 1st problem resolved now problem 2.
The book is one I created from my graphics using calibre.
In Calbre's edit mettadata window there is a space for isbn number, and in the conversion window there is an edit mettadata pane, but it has no place for the isbn. When I create an epub book in calibre with the option include mettadata as page at start of book how do I get calibre to output the isbn to that page as well as author and title and date?
Thanks in advance for any help.
jmickey
Look closer (in the M-editor window)
Like right under: Series (Book # )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 07:08 PM   #3
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmickey View Post
When I create an epub book in calibre with the option include mettadata as page at start of book how do I get calibre to output the isbn to that page as well as author and title and date?
Look closer (in the M-editor window)
Like right under: Series (Book # )
He isn't looking for how to enter the ISBN in metadata. He is asking if it can be included in book jacket.

@jmickey Currently I don't believe having the ISBN show on the metadata insert page (book jacket) is an option.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
He isn't looking for how to enter the ISBN in metadata. He is asking if it can be included in book jacket.

@jmickey Currently I don't believe having the ISBN show on the metadata insert page (book jacket) is an option.
Ooops!
Old 04-05-2011, 08:24 PM   #5
theducks
Well trained by Cats

He might be able to make a local hack the jacket template (with dev guidance )
Advert
Old 04-05-2011, 08:42 PM   #6
jmickey
jmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litterjmickey doesn't litter

Device: Skytex Primer
Hi guys
Thanks for the input. I wanted the ISBN to show on the title page with the other metadata when book produced. I figured out a work around. Enter the ISBN (or anything else you like) in the comments box on the metadata edit page. I prints right below title, date and author. Should put isbn output on the wish list. Now I'm happy with the .epub file of my graphic novel. Had to learn more than I ever wanted to know about xml to do it though. But now I have xhtml templates that will allow me to create more graphic novels easily.

jmickey
jmickey is offline   Reply With Quote