Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 07-04-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
Saille
Saille began at the beginning.

Device: pocketbook 302
Standard apps (games) pocketbook 302, where to find?

Hi there, I just received my pocketbook 302 last Friday. I am quite happy with how it works, only Wifi is still a problem, but I already read much about this here. It is not a real problem for now, I guess I just wait for a new firmware upgrade and hope it is solved then. (also, I think swapping this pocketbook for another will not help much, since it is a software error)

Another thing is that I received my pocketbook, strangely enough, without any of the apps. No games, no scribe, no dictionary...I already mailed the webshop about this, but since it is weekend I'll have to wait. I am a bit afraid they will want me to send my pocketbook back to them, to exchange it for a new one. I rather don't want that, since I already installed the new firmware, changed the thing to my liking, added books and a dictionary and so on. Therefore I was hoping that someone could tell me if those games are somewhere to find on the net (especially the program scribe!), so I could just install them myself. I could not find it on the pocketbook site itself. Thanks in advance!
Saille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 01:56 PM   #2
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
You can find a lot of stuff here:
http://bookfast.org/
(Google translate is your friend.)

Check the various threads on themes, pics, and dictionaries here for more.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:06 PM   #3
Schnitzelbrain
Groupie
Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Schnitzelbrain once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Pocketbook Touch Lux
Quote:
Originally Posted by fjtorres View Post
You can find a lot of stuff here:
http://bookfast.org/
(Google translate is your friend.)

Check the various threads on themes, pics, and dictionaries here for more.
So we are able to download now ? Please check
Schnitzelbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Device: Ebookwise 1150 / 1200
odd...google translate chokes on that page (cannot display) as does babel fish, while I myself can visit the site fine (but can not understand it) .
guyanonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 06:30 PM   #5
fjtorres
Grand Sorcerer
fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fjtorres ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: T100TA,PW2,PRS-T1,KT,FireHD 8.9,K2, PB360,BeBook One,Axim51v,TC1000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Schnitzelbrain View Post
So we are able to download now ? Please check
It worked last time I tried...
Has it stopped working?

I suppose I could upload what I got from there; it's a bit over 5Mb...
Still not sure about the rules on redistribution of that stuff.

Last edited by fjtorres; 07-04-2010 at 06:53 PM.
fjtorres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 07:45 PM   #6
guyanonymous
Guru
guyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud ofguyanonymous has much to be proud of

Well, here hoping you do...
Old 07-05-2010, 03:52 AM   #7
Saille

I can also not download from that site..
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 AM   #8
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
Someone should copy and zip the standard apps in their PB302 and upload them 'ere.
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:09 AM   #9
Ulli
(-:
Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.Ulli is no ebook tyro.

Device: PocketBook 360°,302
Here they are.

Simply copy the content to /games/ on your PocketBook.
Attached Files
File Type: zip games.zip (168.5 KB, 607 views)
Ulli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:32 AM   #10
Saille

Ulli, thank you so much!

I am so glad with this, since I just phoned my webshop and they claim that the pocketbook 302 should be delivered without any apps (which is not true), so I am afraid they don't want to send anything or swap my pocketbook for a new one. But now that is not a problem anymore.

Last edited by Saille; 07-05-2010 at 07:41 AM.
Old 07-05-2010, 11:26 AM   #11
guyanonymous
Guru

awesome! Thanks.

I guess it's too much to hope that someone's made any sort of contact app that syncs with anything?

d
Old 07-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #12
mtravellerh
book creator
mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mtravellerh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB360°
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saille View Post
Ulli, thank you so much!

I am so glad with this, since I just phoned my webshop and they claim that the pocketbook 302 should be delivered without any apps (which is not true), so I am afraid they don't want to send anything or swap my pocketbook for a new one. But now that is not a problem anymore.
Please PM me and tell me who your webshop is. I think we'll have to talk.
mtravellerh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:25 AM   #13
Saille

Well, after some email conversation it became clear that they thought this problem could simply be solved by installing new firmware. I explained them this is not the case. They seem to have obtained more pocketbooks without the apps, so they are going to contact Pocketbook to find out how this could have happened.

I myself finally discovered the apps on the pocketbook: they were in a trashes folder on the system! In the trashes folder I found a folder called "501" , in which I finally found the apps. Very strange!
Old 07-06-2010, 11:45 AM   #14
tvpupsik
Addict
tvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enoughtvpupsik will become famous soon enough

Device: PB 360, PB 602, PB IQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saille View Post
I myself finally discovered the apps on the pocketbook: they were in a trashes folder on the system! In the trashes folder I found a folder called "501" , in which I finally found the apps. Very strange!
Looks like you got a special edition for tech geeks who can find the hidden apps
tvpupsik is offline   Reply With Quote