Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Recipes

Notices

Old 04-20-2013, 05:38 AM   #1
cptnemo
Enthusiast
cptnemo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Where do I copy my custumised recipe in a headless calibre?

I run calibre calibre headless (0.8.51) on Raspberry Wheezy. I am trying to ebook-convert from command-line with a customised recipe but I can't manage to have calibre process my recipe. I couldn't find documentation on the folder where I should copy my_recipe.recipe file and passing calibre the path to the recipe (/home/my_recipe.recipe) doesn't work: calibre complains can't locate the recipe.

Last edited by cptnemo; 04-20-2013 at 07:15 PM.
cptnemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 11:34 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnemo View Post
I run calibre calibre (0.8.51) on Raspberry Wheezy. I am trying to ebook-convert from command-line with a customised recipe but I can't manage to have calibre process my recipe. I couldn't find documentation on the folder where I should copy my_recipe.recipe file and passing calibre the path to the recipe (/home/my_recipe.recipe) doesn't work: calibre complains can't locate the recipe.
If you have the GUI available, Use it to install your custom NEWS recipe (Add a custom....) . Then you can use the CLI
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-20-2013, 06:29 PM   #3
cptnemo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
If you have the GUI available, Use it to install your custom NEWS recipe (Add a custom....) . Then you can use the CLI
Nope, that's the problem. I have no GUI. calibre is running headless.
Old 04-20-2013, 10:41 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You dont need to copy the recipe anywhere, you need to pass the correct path to it to ebook-convert and ensure that hte location it is in is readable.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2013, 06:16 PM   #5
cptnemo
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You dont need to copy the recipe anywhere, you need to pass the correct path to it to ebook-convert and ensure that hte location it is in is readable.
Thank you. That did it.
Advert

Tags
calibre, recipe