Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 06-13-2011, 01:13 PM   #31
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: The Nook, Nook color and Droid X
Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
Egads, ease up on the drama, with the sighs and the "wows." You're getting all worked up over a consumer product. Perhaps you should focus your ire on things that actually matter.

Here is what B&N writes on their website:

Wouldn't it just be easier to say that the browser is experimental, or nothing at all, instead of pretending that they didn't include a browser because they wanted to provide an "optimized reading experience." It would be like shitting on someone's lawn and saying "I did it to provide optimal growing conditions." Note, seeing as you lack basic reading comprehension skills, I am not saying that B&N pooped on anything, nor am I saying that having a gimped browser is worse than having no browser at all. The point of the analogy was not the shitting, it was a vivid example of trying to dress something up. A lack of features does not in anyway "optimize" the reading experience. Again, a lack of attention to details defines the B&N experience. B&N, meet your future bride, bankruptcy.

So you latch onto one thing and say that negates my whole post? Perhaps you need a lesson in reading comprehension. My post was about how B&N lacks attention to detail in the features they provide, not about the specific features. Yet you seem to anally focus on one thing. Here is the thesis statement of my post:

Note that the post is about a whole lot more than just the search function. When I did talk about the search function, I noted my own ignorance:

From the user guide link you provided, there is an intrabook search feature, but not an interbook search function. Something new was learned. That is why people have discussions (although most are capable of doing it in a much more civil fashion than you).
No it wouldn't be easier to say " well we sort of got this partially working web browser" when that partially working webbrowser is merely to link you up to the bookstore and the social media functionality.

no you think your being civil but all your are doing is the typical "buy my product buy my product"

Nook bad
Kindle good

You're a kindle fan that's all good
I'm a nook fan, that's all good

but don't purposely post mis information, act like your ereader is all high mighty about it and not expect to be called out.

that's all

and by the way the all mighty Kindle can't cure cancer, won't create world peace so you can sort of come back down to reality with how the kindle is the world greatest device ever invented.

the kindle can read an ebook
the nook can read an ebook

Last edited by boswd; 06-13-2011 at 01:17 PM.
boswd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:19 PM   #32
ucfgrad93
Wizard
ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ucfgrad93 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2nd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd View Post
no you think your being civil but all your are doing is the typical "buy my product buy my product"

Nook bad
Kindle good

but don't purposely post mis information, act like your ereader is all high mighty about it and not expect to be called out.

that's all
As a relatively new member here, I must say your level of discourse is abrasive, rude, and condescending. You may be a fan of the Nook, but you come across like an irritating fanboy
ucfgrad93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 01:21 PM   #33
boswd
Banned
boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boswd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
As a relatively new member here, I must say your level of discourse is abrasive, rude, and condescending. You may be a fan of the Nook, but you come across like an irritating fanboy
Ok well then I'm going to start post's that will list shortcomings and lack of features of the kindle, even though I know they are not to be true.

and let's see how all you kindle fans react.

and if you went back you would notice I only corrected Spellbanish's incorrect information and he/she is the one who wrote post's the length of War and Peace coming at me.

but ohh she's owns a kindle so turn a blind eye to that.

Last edited by boswd; 06-13-2011 at 01:24 PM.
Old 06-13-2011, 01:34 PM   #34
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:

Nook bad
Kindle good

that's all
First off, I have posted videos and links to objective reviews. I am not selling "Kindles." As I have already noted

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher
Now I have nothing against the Nook Touch. It looks like a very good reader, and if touch screen navigation is the most important thing to you and you really want a reader with this feature now that is cheap, then by all means buy a nook touch.
I am also a former nook owner, as I have already stated. The noted lack of civility on your part has nothing to do with your fondness for the nook. It has to do with your hasty generalizations like this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boswd
Just more misinformation from kindle owners. Seems to be SOP as of late.
Or the very disdainful way you communicate

Quote:
ust WOW.

What in Sam Hill are you talking about, you clearly don't know the features yet you post as if you do

*sigh*...

Next time spellbanish do a little research before writing super long posts, that'll save you some time and point out features you clearly don't know about. It doesn't take all that long.
As far as this little addition:

Quote:
And why do you keep comparing the features of the nook classic when it's about the STR.
Learn the features of the STR and then come back ok? The nook classic has nothing to do with this comparison.
Again, you fail on reading comprehension. Again, here is the thesis of what I wrote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher
Barnes and Noble lacks attention to detail. To put it in another way, they do a half-ass job on their features just so they can say they have them. Let me give a few examples.
Note that my post was not about any specific device, nor was it about comparing the Nook Touch to the K3. It was about the B&N's lack of attention to detail in the features they provide, which indicates that they only tack on those features on their devices just to say they have them. Now, despite the title of this thread, the point of this thread was not to be a "nook owners vs kindle owners" thread. Instead, it was supposed to provide a fair comparison between the Nook Touch and the K3 so that buyers could make an informed decision, which is why I posted this in the "What Should I Buy" section, and not the General Discussions section. I was wrong about the search feature; you could have pointed that out without generalizing about kindle owners. What I resent is how you brought your whole bullshit "Nook owners vs kindle owners" squabble into this thread. I have no interest in such a petty discussion, and just to be noted, I have not posted in any other versus threads except for the sony vs nook touch thread, where I posted a video of a review comparing the nook and sony from the the-ebook-reader.com. Personally, I want there to be multiple successful ereaders, because more competition means lower prices and better features for all the readers. I think Sony makes the best readers(their problem is the store and the price, not the reader itself), and kobo has a decent basic reader, although they should probably lower the price a little more if they want to compete with B&N for marketshare. My problem, as I have repeatedly stated, is B&N's tendency to tack on features in a haphazard way just to say they have them, which I find to be a highly deceptive and unethical way to compete.

Last edited by spellbanisher; 06-13-2011 at 01:38 PM.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:45 PM   #35
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by spellbanisher View Post
First off, I have posted videos and links to objective reviews. I am not selling "Kindles." As I have already noted

I am also a former nook owner, as I have already stated. The noted lack of civility on your part has nothing to do with your fondness for the nook. It has to do with your hasty generalizations like this:

Or the very disdainful way you communicate

As far as this little addition:

Again, you fail on reading comprehension. Again, here is the thesis of what I wrote:

Note that my post was not about any specific device, nor was it about comparing the Nook Touch to the K3. It was about the B&N's lack of attention to detail in the features they provide, which indicates that they only tack on those features on their devices just to say they have them. Now, despite the title of this thread, the point of this thread was not to be a "nook owners vs kindle owners" thread. Instead, it was supposed to provide a fair comparison between the Nook Touch and the K3 so that buyers could make an informed decision, which is why I posted this in the "What Should I Buy" section, and not the General Discussions section. I was wrong about the search feature; you could have pointed that out without generalizing about kindle owners. What I resent is how you brought your whole bullshit "Nook owners vs kindle owners" squabble into this thread. I have no interest in such a petty discussion, and just to be noted, I have not posted in any other versus threads except for the sony vs nook touch thread, where I posted a video of a review comparing the nook and sony from the the-ebook-reader.com. Personally, I want there to be multiple successful ereaders, because more competition means lower prices and better features for all the readers. I think Sony makes the best readers(their problem is the store, not the reader itself), and kobo has a decent basic reader, although they should probably lower the price a little more if they want to compete with B&N for marketshare. My problem, as I have repeatedly stated, is B&N's tendency to tack on features in a haphazard way just to say they have them, which I find to be a highly deceptive and unethical way to compete.
then educate yourself on the features, use the device then come back with your posts.
Read your post's again they are written through your kindle glasses, which is OK to a certain degree, it's your favorite ereader but don't talk about things you don't know and worse act like an expert in it.

all 6 inch eink ereaders are poor PDF readers, some make it less painful then others. but it's really only the PDF's that contain graphs, pictures, maps etc.

but novels that are PDF's then that's a whole different ball of wax. Then 6 inch ereaders aren't bad at all. In fact the nook's PDF's with text reflow makes reading old out of copyright PDF's actually better than the kindles.

it's webbrowser. Again this wasn't some sort of " yes let's fool the world and tell them we don't have a web browser but yet put one in Mhhoowwwwhaaaaa *evil laugh* Now Pinky go get my laser we are taking over the world."

The said it doesn't have a webbrower for surfing the net ect. now yes it has something but again stop and think for a minute and ok it must have one because how else would I link to the bookstore and the social networking functions. But no there are correct they don't have a full functioning web browser.
but it's not this some sort of let's fool the public, it works to the point of getting the shopping and social aspects intergrated

you claim it didn't a way to search for words and pharases, that was proven wrong and we don't need to go down that route.

So next time take some time and think you know maybe BN isn't out to get me .

Last edited by boswd; 06-13-2011 at 01:52 PM.
Advert
Old 06-13-2011, 01:47 PM   #36
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucfgrad93 View Post
You are not the first person to point this out.

boswd has some great information to share when he chooses to use a more civil tone.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 01:54 PM   #37
ersott
Evangelist
ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ersott ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite2, Ipad Air, Kobo Aura H2o
please do not argue, I feel guilty :-)

Thanks for your ideas, I am a European citizen, so I find it very difficult to get the nook touch, and I am very satisfied with my k3, so do not think it changes the short-term reader.

Wait for the k4.

greetings and thanks for the help.
ersott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:16 PM   #38
spellbanisher
Guru
spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.spellbanisher ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle keyboard, kindle fire hd, S4, Nook hd+
Quote:
then educate yourself on the features, use the device then come back with your posts.
Read your post's again they are written through your kindle glasses, which is OK to a certain degree, it's your favorite ereader but don't talk about things you don't know and worse act like an expert in it.
When have I acted like an expert on anything? I have commented on the Nook classic, which I used to own, and everything I have stated about the Nook touch (except for my mistake on search) are known features of the device, such as the PDF capabilities.

Also, you fail to see why your posts are so abrasive. It has nothing to do with your bias for the nook, it has to do with the way you relate to people who have a different bias than your own. It is okay to disagree. It is okay to be biased. But that doesn't mean you can't be civil.

Quote:
all 6 inch ereader are poor PDF readers, some make it less painful then others. but it's really only the PDF's that contain graphs, pictures, maps etc.
but novels that are PDF's then that's a whole different ball of wax. Then 6 inch ereaders aren't bad at all. In fact the nook's PDF's with text reflow makes reading old out of copyright PDF's actually better than the kindles.
This is a red herring. If you watch the reviews that I have posted, it is demonstrated that the Nook Touch lacks PDF features. The fact that all 6inch ereaders are poor pdf readers is irrelevant.

Quote:
it's webbrowser. Again this wasn't some sort of " yes let's fool the world and tell them we don't have a web browser but yet put one Mhhoowwwwhaaaaa *evil laugh* Now Pinky go get my laser we are taking over the world."
This is a straw man. You take everything I say and try to blow it up in the most extreme way possible. Again with the failed reading comprehension. My point was, has been, and continues to be that B&N fails when it comes to attention to detail, that their efforts are normally half-assed, that they tack on features for marketing reasons so they can say that their reader has the same features that other readers have, even though their version of the features are often qualitatively inferior. The point about the browser was to note how lazy B&N is, and how they focus more on marketing than user experience. They could have removed the browser, or they could have made it functional, but it is clear that all they really did was port the Nook Color Os to the Touch and then claim that they "designed" the Nook Touch specifically for optimal reading experience. I have no problem with this claim as long as they back it up with an attention to detail that indicates that the reader was actually designed for optimal reading experience, and not just a port from another device. I never said that this was some diabolical scheme; I was noting how lazy and deceptive B&N is. The diabolical tend to be brilliant and ambitious; the folks running B&N are neither.

Quote:
The said it doesn't have a webbrower for suring the net ect. now yes it has something but again stop and think for a minute and ok it must have one because how else would I link to the bookstore and the social networking functions. But no there are correct they don't have a full functioning web browser.
Again, this is another red herring. It is universally accepted that "webbrowser" means the ability to surf the web, not simply the ability to buy from a store. Just because it can link to the bookstore and has social networking functions does not necessarily mean that it has a webbrowser.

Quote:
but it's not this some sort of let's fool the public, it works to the point of getting the shopping and social aspects intergrated

you claim it didn't a way to search for words and pharases, that was proven wrong and we don't need to go down that route.

So next time take some time and think you know maybe BN isn't out to get me .
I was partially wrong, which I have admitted. What's your point? If I had perfect knowledge, there would be no need for discussions. Rather than being a productive and civil contributor, you continue to try to turn this thread into a fanboy thread.

Well, I'm done with you, because instead of relating to me as a person and member of mobileread, you want to relate to me as a "kindle user." It is a really sad way of looking at the world, of always stereotyping and generalizing people. There's nothing I can do about that. There is also nothing I can do about your lack of reading comprehension. I can't comprehend for you. If anyone else has something productive to contribute to this thread that could be of help to those weighing a decision between a nook touch and K3, please do, and ignore boswd's belligerence.
spellbanisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 08:57 AM   #39
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
Can't we all jus' get along?
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:11 AM   #40
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by delphin View Post
Can't we all jus' get along?
Where is the fun in that? (winks)
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 09:17 AM   #41
markdek
Addict
markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markdek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
This should be a debate about the "Eco-System", not these specific devices. Right now I have more faith in the Amazon ecosystem, than I do w/ B&N, for many reasons. With the pending purchase of B&N, I don't see this changing (probable worse for B&N).

Ideally, I don't want to be forced into any ecosystem, but, that's what DRM has created for us. So it's up to you to pick the lesser of two evils, for you.

This is similar to age old question, Apple vs Microsoft.
markdek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #42
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdek View Post
This should be a debate about the "Eco-System", not these specific devices. Right now I have more faith in the Amazon ecosystem, than I do w/ B&N, for many reasons. With the pending purchase of B&N, I don't see this changing (probable worse for B&N).

Ideally, I don't want to be forced into any ecosystem, but, that's what DRM has created for us. So it's up to you to pick the lesser of two evils, for you.

This is similar to age old question, Apple vs Microsoft.
You are aware of the fact that Liberty Media offered $1Billion right?
this isn't a type of sale where it becomes dismantled. It's not a going out of business sale.

This is like Phillip Morris buying Kraft Foods or Berkshire Hathoway(Warren Buffet) buying majority stock in a company. If anything a major sale will only increase BN's revenue etc.

Last edited by boswd; 06-14-2011 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 10:18 AM   #43
dax123
Connoisseur
dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dax123 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Silver PRS 600, Red PRS 650, Kindle 3 WiFi (Keyboard), Kindle 4 basic
Quote:
you can't view your bookcover's in your library on the Kindle? That's rather lame.

navigating around the device the kindle looks really really dated.

I can't imagine anyone under the age of 40 who is just basically reads and doesn't need to export notes or read technical PDF's (and any 6 inch eink screen is bad at it) would choose a kindle over a touch screen in this day and age of Droids, iPhones and tablets.
Well I'm 43, a gadget freak and have a Sony prs 650 (and also own a prs 600)with Touch screen, not to mention I also own a iPhone 3gs and recently bought a kindle 3 and right now I prefer my kindle over my sony prs 650. The screen of the kindle is imo much brighter/whiter, the print is much more dark and sharp and the font is much nicer to read then the standard font of the Sony. Also the font sizes are much better then those of the Sony PRS 650. On the 650 they're either too small or too big with some books.

Sure I love touch screen, but I found that the kindle 3 is pretty easy to navigate even without touch screen, so I don't really miss it.

I will keep my Sony prs 650 to see how my reading habit will develop and I myself will be curious to see where I'll end up..using both when needed or switch to Kindle all the way.

I can't say anything about the Nook since I don't have one and don't plan to get one either. Can't buy at B&N so no use for me to get a Nook.

Last edited by dax123; 06-14-2011 at 10:23 AM.
dax123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 10:23 AM   #44
boswd
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dax123 View Post
Well I'm 43, a gadget freak and have a Sony prs 650 (and also own a prs 600)with Touch screen, not to mention I also own a iPhone 3gs and recently bought a kindle 3 and right now I prefer my kindle over my sony prs 650. The screen of the kindle is imo much brighter/whiter, the print is much more dark and sharp and the font is much nicer to read then the standard font of the Sony. Also the font sizes are much better then those of the Sony PRS 650. On the 650 they're either too small or too big with some books.

Sure I love touch screen, but I found that the kindle 3 is pretty easy to navigate even without touch screen, so I don't really miss it.

I will keep my Sony prs 650 to see how my reading habit will develop and I myself will be curious to see where I'll end up..using both when needed or switch to Kindle all the way.

There are always going to be people who prefer one method to another, Nothing is 100%, my father would rather keep his clam shell cell phone over a smartphone any day. Doesn't mean the preferance is even.

Besides I think come August this will be a moot discussion. I would be shocked if the next gen. Kindle wasn't a clone of the nook STR . KOBO or Sony.
I think the days of push button navigation and the keyboard are rapidly coming to a close

I'm sorry when given the choice most younger generation will not choose an antiquated device over one that feels more modern. Actually I do fear if eink in general doesn't start to ramp up its advancement eink ereaders will become a niche market .

Last edited by boswd; 06-14-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 06-14-2011, 11:10 AM   #45
OtterBooks
Wizard
OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.OtterBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4, iPad Mini/Retina
Quote:
Originally Posted by ersott View Post
please do not argue, I feel guilty :-)
No worries; they enjoy it.
OtterBooks is offline   Reply With Quote