Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old 10-19-2019, 02:40 PM   #1
akifcaglar
akifcaglar began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O
Trouble at Installing Koreader to Kobo Libra

Hi everybody,

I just got my Libra and i am trying to install koreader on it. However, I couldnt make it

The steps i took are:

I have downloaded koreader-kobo-2019.09.3-84

I have installed KFMon by extracting its files. Then my libra rebooted so i think it was successful .

Then I extracted the koreader i have downloaded to libra's root file but it did not rebooted so i have read the note at the one click install thread which say i have to prevent nikel from checking hidden files. To do that i have appended the code given to do that to Kobo eReader.config file. It looks like in the picture at attachment.

Later, i have deleted koreader from Libra, and unplugged libra. Then i plugged it again, extracted the koreader files again .However, it still did not reboot .

I feel like i am missing a simple thing.

I will be very happy if anyone can help.Thank you

One click installation thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=314220
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kobo debug.png
Views:	290
Size:	221.7 KB
ID:	174369  
akifcaglar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:49 PM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
@akifcaglar:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe
NOTE: For proper Kobo Libra H2O support, you'll need to use KOReader version 2019.10 or newer.
(https://github.com/koreader/koreader...orma-libra-h2o)
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 02:50 PM   #3
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Lucky for you, it was released 10 minutes ago. .

(That was a subtle hint to use the install scripts instead of trying to figure out why doing it yourself failed).
Old 10-19-2019, 02:53 PM   #4
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Well, you could wait until @NiLuJe updates the one-click package with KOReader 2019.10, but I think it should be as simple as:

1. Use the one-click install package as instructed. (At this moment KOReader should fail to start properly on the Libra.)
2. Overwrite the /mnt/onboard/.adds/koreader directory (or wherever it's installed to) with the latest release.

Edit: four minutes too late.
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 03:48 PM   #5
akifcaglar

Wow you guys are fast, thank you so much to both <3

It worked with version 10 ^^. Actually, i have seen that version 10 warning but i also have seen people who got managed to make it work with other versions, so i have tried too.

KOReader looks avesome, thank you so much for such a nice app <3
Old 10-19-2019, 04:02 PM   #6
Frenzie
Wizard
Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Frenzie ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
Any build from the past few weeks should work out of the box on the Libra, including the one you mentioned. (Which is virtually identical to 2019.10.)
Frenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2019, 04:17 PM   #7
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yeah, I initially misread the exact nightly version you mentioned, so my usual "too old" answer was fired a tad too quickly .
Old 10-19-2019, 04:49 PM   #8
akifcaglar

Dont know, maybe i installed it wrong. I installed it as one click installation but that version was actually not from that thread. Maybe this was the reason.

Hehe , anyway your 'too old ' reply still works xd
Old 10-19-2019, 05:32 PM   #9
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Yes, the OCP packages *are* packaged differently, so that (mix'n matching install instructions) definitely wouldn't work.

That's, again, a fact that using the install script would have made obvious .

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-19-2019 at 05:36 PM.
Old 05-22-2020, 05:10 PM   #10
dikkied
dikkied began at the beginning.

Device: None
I have successfully installed KOReader on my Kobo Libra H2O.
But in my home directory there are several files: ERROR : Error reading EPUB format. Does somebody knows whats the problem here?
Furthermore i would like to invert the hardware buttons but i cannot find it in the settings. Is this possible?

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-T810 met Tapatalk
dikkied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 01:17 AM   #11
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Wild guess: DRM'ed ePubs?

As for button inversion, it's in the top menu, Gears > Navigation, IIRC. (if not, Gears > Device). Possibly only inside a document, and not in the File Manager.
Old 05-23-2020, 04:20 AM   #12
dikkied

Thank you for your quick reply.

I have found the buttons.
I don't think the files are DRM because in the native reader and Plato the files are recognized and readable.

Old 05-23-2020, 12:08 PM   #13
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Second wild guess: gigantic omnibus or bibles?
Old 05-23-2020, 01:48 PM   #14
dikkied

I have checked the files. And they were all epubs i bought. So it is probably a DRM thing. I am going to try to remove it and check again.