Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2016, 06:51 AM   #1
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Libra II
"My Clippings" appearing as a book

I uploaded some books to my Kindle a few weeks ago. As soon as I bookmarked something, "My Clippings" appeared as a book in the list. This has never happened before, and I have no idea what might have caused it to happen. I know that placing a bookmark causes "My Clippings.txt" to be created in the documents directory if it doesn't already exist, but it has never shown up as a book before. I tried deleting it from inside the Kindle; I tried deleting it using Calibre on my next upload; I tried deleting it (and the .sbr) directory manually. No matter what I do, it keeps reappearing in the book list as soon as I place a bookmark. What can I do to fix this?
Phssthpok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:55 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
I'm afraid you're mistaken; "MyClippings" always shows up as a book and always has done. The answer is simply not to open it. If you have your library page sorted by author (as I do) it will appear at the very end of the library list, because it has no author. Possibly you simply hadn't noticed it before, for that reason?
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 07:52 AM   #3
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
Although for me, I sort by Collections ==> Recent, and it is at the back because I never opened it once. Even when it is appended to it won't move to the front.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 08:15 AM   #4
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

It's appeared as a book since at least the days of the K3, which was the first Kindle I owned.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:18 AM   #5
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.
Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.Phssthpok knows how to set a laser printer to stun.

I sort by "recent", most recent first, and it has never shown up before, even though I have deleted it several times (under the mistaken impression that it would delete my bookmarks); but if you say it was always there, then I must just have missed it...
Advert
Old 02-24-2016, 08:20 AM   #6
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschwartz View Post
Although for me, I sort by Collections ==> Recent, and it is at the back because I never opened it once. Even when it is appended to it won't move to the front.
Thanks, I'll try touching it to a date far in the past and see if that fools it, or maybe just reload the whole damned lot if not.
Old 02-24-2016, 08:28 AM   #7
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phssthpok View Post
I sort by "recent", most recent first, and it has never shown up before, even though I have deleted it several times (under the mistaken impression that it would delete my bookmarks); but if you say it was always there, then I must just have missed it...
I really think that must be the case. It will be at the end of the list in both "Author" and "Recent" sort orders (unless you open it, of course, in which case it'll go to the top of the "Recent" list).
Old 02-24-2016, 02:12 PM   #8
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
If you don't care what is in it (and you have everything syncing to cloud) then you can just delete it. Then the new one will go to the end of the list, unless you sort by Title.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 06:15 PM   #9
ashort
Connoisseur
ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ashort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 10th Gen
Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled-TrueColor-01.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	214.7 KB
ID:	146681
Select "Books" instead of "All Items" in the main menu and they won't show up.
ashort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 12:53 PM   #10
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
It's appeared as a book since at least the days of the K3, which was the first Kindle I owned.
Its always been a book from the K1 on. That was my first one. .

I actually haven't seen it yet on my Voyage, I guess I haven't done any clipping yet since I had it on this device.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2016, 02:26 PM   #11
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I like to use it! I open it and copy the name of books I've read (and on what date I finished them) to an external journal (file). Then I occasionally delete the clippings file, by way of removing the entries I've already made note of. The next bookmark makes a new file which starts over. So I actually put it into a collection, so I *don't* lose track of where it is!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2016, 10:27 AM   #12
Phssthpok
Age improves with wine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashort View Post
Attachment 146681
Select "Books" instead of "All Items" in the main menu and they won't show up.
Ahhhh... that's it! That's why I never saw it before. (No idea why I ended up with "All items" selected instead of books... maybe because I did a firmware update a few weeks ago?) Many thanks for finally clearing up the mystery!