Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 08-02-2021, 10:28 AM   #46
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
I am only surprised that my device with the same update does not have the described bug.
However, I have set the shutdown / sleep automatic to off / never.
ottischwenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 06:58 AM   #47
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
Even when I press the power button (briefly, to put it to sleep) it goes into a reboot. Same when the sleep cover is closed.
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 02:12 AM   #48
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kndlewis View Post
Even when I press the power button (briefly, to put it to sleep) it goes into a reboot. Same when the sleep cover is closed.
I got a new update - from 0802.
But I haven't tried the effect.
Old 08-04-2021, 04:30 AM   #49
kndlewis
Connoisseur
kndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watchkndlewis is clearly one to watch

Device: Current Favorite: Boox Leaf
YEAH! I got it too and it seems to be fixed!
kndlewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:44 AM   #50
AreEmmKay
AreEmmKay began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
Also received mine OTA. Wouldn't even know where to download the update file for a manual update - I think they only occasionally post mega dl links on Twitter, if prompted.
Has anyone figured out a reliable source for firmware? I'm not seeing anything OTA, and I'm currently running "BYRead-V3.1.0-2021050719"
AreEmmKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 02:05 PM   #51
rvcjew
Addict
rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rvcjew ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3-T80S-T80D-T103D-K78-Inkpalm 5-HiSense Touch-Hi Reader Pro-Palma
Quote:
Originally Posted by AreEmmKay View Post
Has anyone figured out a reliable source for firmware? I'm not seeing anything OTA, and I'm currently running "BYRead-V3.1.0-2021050719"
unless someone pulled the zip that the OTA downloads to internal storage before it does the update then you can't update manually unless boyue gives you the file. Make sure your time and date are correct in the settings when checking for an OTA.
rvcjew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 08:54 AM   #52
AreEmmKay
AreEmmKay began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook P78
Quote:
Originally Posted by rvcjew View Post
unless someone pulled the zip that the OTA downloads to internal storage before it does the update then you can't update manually unless boyue gives you the file. Make sure your time and date are correct in the settings when checking for an OTA.
My time is correct, and I'm online, but still nothing. I've sent Boyue a note via the on-device feedback tool.
AreEmmKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 01:27 PM   #53
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
My time is correct, and I'm online, but still nothing. I've sent Boyue a note via the on-device feedback tool.
Have you tried settings, updates?
Old 08-07-2021, 04:12 AM   #54
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I've had three or four OTA updates via WiFi on my Mars (came with Android 8.1) and it's now "ByRead-V3.1.0-2021042314"

I'd guess the version number includes ISO date, so 2021-04-23 for the last release, but I could be wrong. Also there is no reason why different models would get updates at the same time.

The Mars doesn't offer updates without a manual check unless the automatic check is enabled, but I didn't enable that as I don't like updates unless something is obviously broken.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 04:18 AM   #55
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
I've had three or four OTA updates via WiFi on my Mars (came with Android 8.1) and it's now "ByRead-V3.1.0-2021042314"

I'd guess the version number includes ISO date, so 2021-04-23 for the last release, but I could be wrong. Also there is no reason why different models would get updates at the same time.

The Mars doesn't offer updates without a manual check unless the automatic check is enabled, but I didn't enable that as I don't like updates unless something is obviously broken.
My P78 version is: BYRead-V3.1.1-2021080214
Old 08-07-2021, 08:38 AM   #56
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
My P78 version is: BYRead-V3.1.1-2021080214
So was that since the 2nd of August, or do the digits mean something else?
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2021, 08:49 AM   #57
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
So was that since the 2nd of August, or do the digits mean something else?
This is the version number that I can read on my P78.
Old 08-24-2021, 11:45 PM   #58
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Hi, does anyone know if this device support inverted screen via PocketBook reader app?

Darkmode/inverted screen is the way i read in bed at night. Thank you.
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2021, 11:13 PM   #59
Deobulakenyo
Guru
Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deobulakenyo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boyue Likebook P78
Quote:
I found this on Likebook's Official FB page with verbatim instructions:

here is the update package for P78: https://mega.nz/file/qQInVYIT#wxT8yc...yNXAqM5sRAnefU
1) please download it first
2) change the file name to "update"
3) copy the ZIP file to your P78 for local memory update.

FB page post here: https://www.facebook.com/BoyueLikebo...099062?__cft__[0]=AZUAamLyJ_-GzjZjvFCLw6nlanRav5xpMab9MZvibMcYTGlEj-6qA2E_EGGppez5ostrqo9HVICEdTfCYZZLwlutON7FRw9k0yrR ImQ1FbkwYVbgKM3hX2J5L_oPE4v6oTgIaABbmmxM253di8xSlw Qo&__tn__=%2CO%2CP-R
Deobulakenyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2021, 07:38 AM   #60
Obscured
Enthusiast
Obscured began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook P78; Onyx Boox Note Air 2
P78 and Calibre

I got a P78 yesterday and so far am pleased with it. It doesn't seem to like MOBI (perhaps I need a different reader?) but it's simple to convert to epub.
I have a couple of questions.
I'd like to sync my (desktop PC) Calibre with the P78, preferably putting the books onto an installed micro SD card. What do I need to do for this, as distinct from copying?
Obscured is offline   Reply With Quote