Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 07-23-2006, 07:40 PM   #1
antonio_uk
antonio_uk began at the beginning.

Boookmarks: How to add one?

Does any one know how to add new bookmarks (or go to existing ones)?

I have read in the FAQ that there should be buttons for this in the toolbar, but I can not see any (I am reading PDF and HTML docs). There doesn't seem to be any info about this in the manuak either.
antonio_uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2006, 11:18 PM   #2
Gavrahil
Gavrahil began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Librié
You can't add bookmarks to an HTML file without changing the code of the file itself and as for PDF the bookmarking has not yet been implemented.
Gavrahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-24-2006, 06:28 AM   #3
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Device: Boox Max Lumi, iRex iLiad (RIP)
But to show & use hyperlinks in pdf files is implemented, I use them to navigate. [ToC with links]

Last edited by yokos; 07-24-2006 at 06:30 AM. Reason: modding
yokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 12:50 PM   #4
DHer
Addict
DHer doesn't litterDHer doesn't litter

Device: iliad
wait for release 27.9, then we will have all the features we want.

Until now it's far from being finished.
DHer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2006, 01:01 PM   #5
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DHer
wait for release 27.9
Maybe we should start a pool....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-13-2006, 03:21 AM   #6
harryo
Enthusiast
harryo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX / Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
But to show & use hyperlinks in pdf files is implemented, I use them to navigate. [ToC with links]
Thank you !! I have many PDF reference books that use hyperlinks extensively, but since I didn't see them displaying in a different font/greyscale, I'd assumed hperlinks weren't supported.

Clicking on one after reading your post jumped as expected :-).

Now, here's a question ... if I've jumped to via hyperlink, is there any way to get back (ie, the equivalent of a back button)? Without that, the hyperlinks aren't as useful as they could be.
harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:50 AM   #7
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.
yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.yokos can teach chickens to fly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryo
Thank you !! I have many PDF reference books that use hyperlinks extensively, but since I didn't see them displaying in a different font/greyscale, I'd assumed hperlinks weren't supported.
Yep, it is defineable in pdf file how the hyperlink rectangle looks like, if it is set as invisible, it is not a great help on iliad, because you don't have a mouse cursor which changes its shape above a link as on PC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryo
Now, here's a question ... if I've jumped to via hyperlink, is there any way to get back (ie, the equivalent of a back button)? Without that, the hyperlinks aren't as useful as they could be.
Not yet, it's a pity. I set on page 1 a link to ToC, because you can jump to fist page easily, this is the fastest way right now.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:23 AM   #8
harryo
Enthusiast
harryo began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten TX / Iliad
Quote:
Originally Posted by yokos
Not yet, it's a pity. I set on page 1 a link to ToC, because you can jump to fist page easily, this is the fastest way right now.
Unfortunately, these are PDF versions of various books. I don't have the source, so can't make changes like that ... unless someone knows a free (or cheap) PDF editor I could use?
harryo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:31 AM   #9
yokos
Pac-Man caught my iLiad.

I think Jaws pdf editor [for Windows] can handle this [I don't know how much it does take]. OS, I really don't know.
I use Acrobat for editing pdf files; LaTeX for creating these. ;-)