Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-12-2019, 09:26 AM   #16
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
It doesn't work.

I do need the space as I'm 1 compressed byte short.
In that case, I'll be able to offer some better advice once I've fully understood the patch changes. It should be sometime later today (measured in hours not minutes).
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 09:47 AM   #17
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
"Custom new header/footer font"
bytes longer than old data (try removing whitespace or unnecessary css)
If Jackie allows

Add to this patch:
Code:
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Simplified, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh-TW\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh-TW\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 09:59 AM   #18
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semwize View Post
If Jackie allows

Add to this patch:
Code:
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Simplified, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh-HK\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh-HK\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
        - {Find: "#caption[newHeader=true][localeName=\"zh-TW\"],\n#caption[newFooter=true][localeName=\"zh-TW\"] {\n  font-family: Sans-SerifZH-Traditional, sans-serif;\n  font-style: normal;\n}\n", Replace: "\n"}
That worked. Thank you.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:07 AM   #19
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa
Quite a few of my epubs use font-family: monospace, with no mention of Courier at all. Currently this displays on the ereader as sans-serif instead of monospace. Is there any way to force this to display Courier-whatever instead? I tried changing one of these to font-family: "Courier", monospace, but that didn't seem to work either. I tried a bunch of different things (Courier fonts side-loaded into a fonts subdirectory, no Courier fonts side-loaded, ePub, KePub, turning off the reader between each try)...nothing worked. If I have a monospace font embedded into the epub, it works, but everything else displays as sans-serif, not monospace.
icallaci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:18 AM   #20
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by icallaci View Post
Quite a few of my epubs use font-family: monospace, with no mention of Courier at all. Currently this displays on the ereader as sans-serif instead of monospace. Is there any way to force this to display Courier-whatever instead? I tried changing one of these to font-family: "Courier", monospace, but that didn't seem to work either. I tried a bunch of different things (Courier fonts side-loaded into a fonts subdirectory, no Courier fonts side-loaded, ePub, KePub, turning off the reader between each try)...nothing worked. If I have a monospace font embedded into the epub, it works, but everything else displays as sans-serif, not monospace.
1. Are you talking about monospace in standard epubs or kepubs?

2. What is the exact name of your sideloaded monospace font?
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2019, 10:19 AM   #21
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
You just need a monospace font with the name starting with Courier in the fonts directory from what I gather.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:25 AM   #22
Carmelocotonto
Connoisseur
Carmelocotonto began at the beginning.

Device: kobo Clara HD, Onyxboox C67
Quote:
If Jackie allows

Add to this patch:
Code:
Yes, it works. Adding that to "Custom new header/footer font:" patch. Thanks Semwize.
Carmelocotonto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:38 AM   #23
Semwize
Guru
Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Semwize ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtiangha View Post
Would it be possible to have the 4.18 sickel patch get updated too?
try

Spoiler:
Code:
sickel reboot timeout (20 sec):
  - Enabled: no
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 20s
  - PatchGroup: sickel reboot timeout
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 49 F6 40 41}

sickel reboot timeout (30 sec):
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 30s
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 4E F6 60 21}
Semwize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:47 AM   #24
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I see that after rewriting the patch for "Freedom to advanced fonts control" it has also been renamed to "Enable advanced settings for all fonts", tripped me up as I knew it had been rewritten but didn't know it had been renamed, had to update my kobopatch.yaml override to use the new name before I could get this to work.

Thanks Patrick for getting these out so fast!
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2019, 10:54 AM   #25
icallaci
Guru
icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.icallaci ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
1. Are you talking about monospace in standard epubs or kepubs?

2. What is the exact name of your sideloaded monospace font?
1. I tried both epubs and kepubs (I didn't expect it to work with kepubs).

2. Courier Prime, Courier Prime-Bold, Courier Prime-Italic, and Courier Prime-BoldItalic. All ttf.

I was trying things one after another, so it's entirely possible that I did something incorrectly. I'll give it another try this morning. I assume I need to side-load the Courier Prime fonts into the /fonts subdirectory on the Kobo, and that this only works for epubs. Is that correct?
Old 12-12-2019, 10:58 AM   #26
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
try

Spoiler:
Code:
sickel reboot timeout (20 sec):
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 20s
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 44 F6 20 61}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 49 F6 40 41}

sickel reboot timeout (30 sec):
  - Description: increases sickel reboot time if no ping from 10s to 30s
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035E0, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x0035F2, FindH: 42 F2 10 71, ReplaceH: 47 F2 30 51}
  - ReplaceBytes: {Offset: 0x00383E, FindH: 44 F6 20 61, ReplaceH: 4E F6 60 21}
Where does the sickle patch belong? Thanks.
Old 12-12-2019, 10:59 AM   #27
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
1. I tried both epubs and kepubs (I didn't expect it to work with kepubs).

2. Courier Prime, Courier Prime-Bold, Courier Prime-Italic, and Courier Prime-BoldItalic. All ttf.

I was trying things one after another, so it's entirely possible that I did something incorrectly. I'll give it another try this morning. I assume I need to side-load the Courier Prime fonts into the /fonts subdirectory on the Kobo, and that this only works for epubs. Is that correct?
You may need to reboot after installing the fonts.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:25 AM   #28
icallaci
Guru

Quote:
You may need to reboot after installing the fonts.
I did reboot. But the only time it displays correctly is if I change the property in the epub's stylesheet from font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace. Then it displays correctly on both epub and kepub. But if I change it to anything else (I tried font-family: Courier, monospace as well as font-family: "Courier", monospace), it displays as sans-serif. I really don't want to change all my stylesheets with font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace, especially if I decide to change my default monospace font to something other than "Courier Prime." Is there any way to force font-family: monospace to use whatever monospace font is installed?
Old 12-12-2019, 11:35 AM   #29
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
I did reboot. But the only time it displays correctly is if I change the property in the epub's stylesheet from font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace. Then it displays correctly on both epub and kepub. But if I change it to anything else (I tried font-family: Courier, monospace as well as font-family: "Courier", monospace), it displays as sans-serif. I really don't want to change all my stylesheets with font-family: monospace to font-family: "Courier Prime", monospace, especially if I decide to change my default monospace font to something other than "Courier Prime." Is there any way to force font-family: monospace to use whatever monospace font is installed?
I'll give it a try here and let you know if it works.
Old 12-12-2019, 11:53 AM   #30
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Does the swap header/footer still require both header and footer to be displayed to work correctly?
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobopatch, patch, patch32lsb, patches, patching