Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 05-10-2018, 10:53 PM   #1
aswanson
aswanson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
KUAL: Shortcut to run script in myts

Hello all, I've just jumped into this whole jailbreaking thing with an old Kindle 3 and been successful at getting things functional, but I'm having trouble setting up some ease of use shortcuts. Specifically, I'm looking to add a shortcut to KUAL that will launch a new session of myts and run a script inside that session that will ssh to a computer connected over usbnetworking.

I can start a myts shell and run the script from there successfully but I can't figure out how to launch the shell from KUAL and have it run the script automatically. So far I've tried calling my script from the KUAL menu entry, creating a custom version of the /mnt/us/myts/myts.sh launch script, and editing the shebang at the top of my script to use myts with no luck. What is the best way to accomplish this?
aswanson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:06 AM   #2
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Wild guess, because I've never used myts:

That depends entirely on whether myts has the ability to run a specific command when bringing up the shell (and/or if you can customize said shell command, because most shells do have that ability, usually via the -c flag).
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 06:35 PM   #3
aswanson
aswanson began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Is there another terminal emulator that is more widely used for Kindle 3G these days? myts seemed to be the most recently developed terminal client for the Kindle 3G but I would certainly use something else if it would work better for me.
aswanson is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kual, myts