Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Uploads - Patricia Clark Memorial Library > Kindle Books

Notices

Old 08-17-2007, 10:40 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Anderson, Sherwood: The Triumph of the Egg & Other Stories. 17 Aug 07

Published in 1921, just after Poor White, The Triumph of the Egg & Other Stories is a wonderful collection. This is the collection that got me hooked on Anderson in the first place.

We had a reading assignment in HS English of one of his stories. The teacher did not care much for Anderson and let us all know that very plainly. Then again she didn't very much that was not The Diary of Anne Frank. I read the other stories in the textbook by Anderson and went out that weekend to buy The Portable Anderson. Since we were allowed to bring outside reading material to school I brought the book and read it in my free periods or study hall. When she saw the book her face turned red and she got mad. I think I would have had an easier time if it had been The Story of 'O'

So here it is and it still has my vote as the best of the lot.
This work is assumed to be in the Life+70 public domain OR the copyright holder has given specific permission for distribution. Copyright laws differ throughout the world, and it may still be under copyright in some countries. Before downloading, please check your country's copyright laws. If the book is under copyright in your country, do not download or redistribute this work.

To report a copyright violation you can contact us here.
Attached Files
File Type: prc Anderson_The Triumph of the.prc (261.6 KB, 1339 views)

Last edited by Elsi; 03-08-2009 at 09:32 PM.
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 09:31 PM   #2
Elsi
Wizard
Elsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of lightElsi is a glorious beacon of light

Device: Kindle; Sony PRS 505; Blackberry 8700C
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
See Sony BBeB/LRF listing for details.
Replacing with the description from the BBeB/LRF thread.
Elsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert